Release Train Consultant - Visa Payments Limited (Consultant / Manager)
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Ltd, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Ltd Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Ltd and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Ltd as a Release Train Consultant we want to hear from you.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
What’s it all about?
The Product team are responsible for creating and building a market leading product portfolio driving growth and profitable revenues and adding sustainable value to the business. The role will be responsible for supporting ART events and processes and assisting the product teams in delivering value. This may include:
- Working with a wide variety of business improvement projects across all business areas.
- Supporting the Release Train Engineer with optimising the flow of value through the ART.
- Supporting PI (Programme Increments) planning events, including capturing team and program PI objectives and create communication materials for Visa Payment Limited and Visa Direct stakeholders.
- Assessing the maturity of the Agile Adoption and agile organisation.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This role will report to the Senior. Manager, Release Train Engineer and shall:
- Support the prioritisation of features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle.
- Support team with assessing capacity and prioritise to confidently commit to activities in a PI planning session. For teams requiring additional support, provide training and coaching to ensure all teams are able to effectively participate in PI planning session.
- Assists the ART in communication and coordination with stakeholders during feature definition and delivery
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Understand, visualise and support upstream/downstream dependencies
- Utilise feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to produce reports and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Share Agile and SAFe knowledge across the organization, including training sessions and training materials
- Support with Inspect and Adapt workshops to assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help identify improvements.
What we’re after…
- Bachelors or Masters degree ideally with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus but not essential.
- Scaled Agile Certification (Scaled Agile RTE certification preferred)
- Demonstrable experience within a release train expert role and familiarity within a payment’s processing institution.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and work collaboratively with and through others.
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence and Roadmunk
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Highly effective communicator of technical & business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.