Sr. Systems Engineer - Vulnerability Remediation
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our engineering functions into a single area focused on providing world class engineering to our end user systems. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering for the services we're responsible for.
As a member of the Client Engineering team, Systems Engineer will report to the Manager – Endpoint Vulnerability Remediation and will be responsible for day to day operational support with timely rollout of security patches, ensuring 100% compliance, drive and implement automation efforts on both Windows and Mac environment.
- Create software packages utilizing Bigfix, JAMF and SCCM.
- Understands, follows and implements best practice methodologies for monthly OS patching and vulnerability remediation of 3rd party software’s in the environment.
- Design and implement automated solution that take advantage of technology advances, allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization.
- Drive innovation and collaboration with Operations partners globally to reduce redundant work and improve efficiency.
- Improve processes and support methodologies by assessing need and requirements.
- Manage, triage and drive resolution of Operations escalations. Be predictive, and drive reduction of those same escalations.
- Relevant work experience or a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
- Strong technical proficiency in Windows and Mac OS is required.
- Technical hands on packaging skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks like Bigfix, SCCM, JAMF.
- Team player and passionate for contributing to a culture of innovation and flawless execution.
- Demonstrated ability to drive technical initiatives and identify opportunities for improving end user technology.
- Solid technology background in Compute and Deploy/Release.
- Understanding of workstation deployment and configuration technologies and Implementing in a highly secure environment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with a shift-based, geographically distributed team is preferred.
- Hands on experience developing and automating solutions for Mac and/or Windows platforms.
- Experience using vulnerability assessment tools like Qualys, Fortify, Appscan or other assessment tools preferred.
- Expertise in PowerShell (or) other scripting languages
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work >5% of the time.
Incumbent will be expected to make themselves available during core business hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.