Manager, Corporate Risk Technology and Platforms
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Corporate Risk organization is seeking a cross-functional Risk and Technology professional focusing on next generation analytical tools and technology platforms that will be instrumental in digitizing Integrated Risk Management activities across Visa. This role will be responsible for cascading the Corporate Risk Management’s Technology vision to process design, business requirements and technology implementation. He/She should collaborate with leaders from Global and Regional Risk Organizations, IT, Third Party Providers and Change Management teams to build best in class tools and platforms that will transform Visa’s approach to Risk and Governance.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Corporate Risk Technology & Platforms.
Essential Functions –
- Implement the Management’s strategic Vision for Corporate Risk Technology programs by cascading it down to process design, business requirements and technology implementation
- Develop subject matter expertise across various Corporate Risk Programs to be able to align business tasks to technology by optimizing process, resources and technology constraints.
- Learn system configurations and be in a strong voice in technical design discussions
- Execute implementation and maintenance of the Corporate Risk Technology platform on a daily basis and at the same time drives consensus with Technology, Risk and Compliance stakeholders to ensure the tools are functional as intended.
- Have a strong understanding of SDLC, SSDLC and ITSM methodologies and experience in querying data in SQL
- Conduct UAT and Quality Testing initiatives to ensure all development work thoroughly aligns with business/technical requirements
- Collaborate with Change Management teams to ensure Global Readiness of all Stakeholders and Users before the releases
- Support User Training and Data migration initiatives
- Execute post implementation plan for transition and maintenance of the Corporate Risk Applications
- Post Implementation be a subject matter expert on the system and support User base with optimal utilization of the system.
- Both, during and post implementation, rigorously explore process/technology improvement opportunities to address pain points as well as un-articulated needs
- Collaborate with stakeholders from other business groups to design integrations with Corporate Risk platforms that can enable automation, seamless process hand offs, optimal information mapping and efficient reporting
- Quickly get context of the data schema and become a Subject Matter Expert in developing reporting for Management, Stakeholders and Committees
- Collaborate with Visa IT team to secure Corporate Risk Applications and ensure it is in compliance with all Visa Key Controls
- Build the business case to secure funding for technology maintenance and upkeep of the Corporate Risk Technology programs.
· Oversee the execution of the exception process, identifying and remediating inefficiencies in the process as necessary
· Execute the exceptions management process
· Follow-up with stakeholders to answer additional questions or to get clarifications
· Track status of exceptions; provide reporting to management and stakeholders
· Collaborate with other teams involved in the process (e.g. Cybersecurity, Risk Assessment, etc.)
· Understand technical controls
· Provide the first level of review of exceptions to ensure sufficient information is included in requests
· Continuously evaluate and propose enhancements to the process
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
· 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 3 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Master’s MBA, PhD). Preferred areas of study include Technology, or Business.
· At least 5 years of experience as a risk and/or engineering professional, preferably with a major financial institution or payment card company.
· 1-2 years of proven experience implementing enterprise wide Risk Applications
· 1-2 years of Risk Management experience within at least one of the domains – Operational Risk, Third Party Risk or Enterprise Risk is preferable
· Ability to interact with multi-levels of Visa’s hierarchy
· Experience with Visa systems, and applications, preferred
· Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, with the ability to succinctly synthesize and present data
· High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate effectively as a team player.
· Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Application
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
No Sponsorship or Relocation is available for this position.