Design Research Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Research & Accessibility is looking for a Design Research Manager to join our Design Team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with Visa's applications and products. All of our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who are as analytical as they are creative. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration, and we prize proven skills and team success over personal gain.
In this role, you’ll work closely with UX designers, developers and product managers to create research strategies driven by business goals and priorities. You must be results-oriented and have the ability to work independently, prioritizing many competing needs and effectively navigating ambiguity. Although we prefer candidates be located in one of our Design Research hubs—Austin and San Francisco—we are open to the possibility of a remote work arrangement should it suit all parties.
Role responsibilities include:
· Work closely with product managers, clients and other stakeholders in our Latin America region to create UX strategies that align with business goals and priorities
· Propose and execute on UX research roadmaps
· Plan and lead usability tests (web and mobile), as well as a full spectrum of generative, iterative, and evaluative design research activities, including surveys, interviews, tree tests and card sorting
· Create personas, journey maps, user flows, wireframes and concepts
· Plan, facilitate and produce deliverables from design thinking workshops
· Analyze existing software (web and mobile) for usability issues and provide recommendations for improvement
· Create, analyze and validate information architecture
· Justify research and design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies
· Quickly propose possible solutions to UX issues to guide design
· Manage stakeholder, partner and vendor relationships
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or at least 2 years of work experience with a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree)
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 4 years of work experience with a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, HCI or equivalent experience; Masters Degree in related field
- Experience working on web and mobile products in a design research capacity
- Expert knowledge of visual, UI and interaction design principles with an eye for details and consistency
- Ability to navigate complex, cross-functional organizations—sometimes with competing agendas and differing values—while building partnerships and engaging with colleagues across functions, levels and geographies
- Ability to foster collaboration inside and outside the team, as well as evangelize and promote UX internally
- Ability to juggle several high-level projects while delivering A-level work on all of them
- Excellent observation, communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Fully fluent in English and able to understand and be easily understood in English
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
- Experience with web analytics or data visualization a plus
- Experience with tools such as InVision, Figma, Mural, UserTesting.com and dScout
- Experience managing legal and privacy considerations and processes for user research
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.