Senior Product Manager, Global Buyer Product
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In the Global Buyer Product team, we simplify, expand and enrich connections between buyers and their financial service providers. We enable easy and smarter access to funds through Visa payments credentials, while delivering a superior customer service experience. Our team works in close collaboration with a broad cross-functional team that includes Seller Solutions, Client Services, Technology, Pricing, Processing, Issuer Sales, Corporate Strategy, Marketing and regional Product teams. We are looking for a motivated product manager who champions a “digital-native” innovative mindset and goes the extra-mile to develop and deploy scalable solutions and strategies that meet the evolving needs of end-customers and Visa issuing clients.
· Identify key customer pain points through voice of the customer tools, secondary research and exploratory client conversations
· Develop epics and user stories to link customer needs to new product/feature set, and articulate how consumer behavioral shifts may influence the product roadmap
· Analyze competitive landscape and benchmark in-market offerings to inform development of value proposition for new products
· Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to define use cases, customer experience flows, and business requirements for development of new feature sets/products
· Create analytical frameworks, business cases and financial models that guide product decisions in the product development and commercialization stage
· Develop and communicate product strategy and value story for new Global digital offerings to internal stakeholders and senior leaders, and build support to execute strategy
· Work with technology teams to translate feature sets and related business requirements into technical flows and specs
· Develop commercial construct, structure and execute pilot plans, and lead market rollout of new capabilities, with the support of Product Delivery and Regional Solutions teams
· Manage product roadmaps including backlog of features and capabilities
· Manage product related reporting, including monthly goal cards as well as ad hoc reporting needs for existing Global Buyer Products
· Help running Multi-Currency Solution Product day-to-day and support regional inquiries
· Drive the evolution of our core product platforms, with heavy focus on integration of digital capabilities, to support new use cases and new payment flows
· Support strategic projects across Global Buyer Product
5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
6+ years of experience in the payments industry or in consumer financial services, ideally at a global payments card network, financial institution, or Fintech leader
Superior data analysis and financial modeling skills, experience with BI reporting solutions such as MicroStrategy is a plus
Strategic mindset with ability to envision product future state and translate product strategy into an actionable roadmap
Strong presentation and storytelling skills, with a keen ability to communicate the product vision and value story, and build consensus across matrixed organization
Passion for identifying consumer needs and developing compelling value propositions and customer experiences
Experience in defining feature sets and developing business requirements and product specifications
Ability to coordinate cross-functional teams including technical and non-technical resources
Ability to work with limited supervision and deliver on multiple concurrent priorities
Comfortable working in an Agile environment, and with cross-functional and regionally distributed teams
Can do attitude and self-starter mentality
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.