IAM Operations Specialist
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as an IAM Operations Specialist, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a key technology pillar at Visa, responsible for providing secure access governance to payment and transaction processing related applications, infrastructure and services for a variety of users (employees, businesses and customers across the globe).
What we expect of you, day to day.
- To stay ahead of the rapidly changing business landscape especially with Merger and Acquisitions (M&A), newer forms of access governance that go beyond the corporate perimeter are required.
- As an IAM Operation’s Specialist, Assist in the maintenance, deployments, and implementation in production of various components of the IDM solutions (e.g.: Sailpoint, Privileged Access Systems)
- Perform in-depth analysis of IAM related incidents, including documentation of the root cause analysis, and recommendations for remediation
- Work within a complex environment, to maintain the performance and stability of the IAM system ensuring that service level agreements are met
- Work closely with IT change management , Development team, and the Quality Assurance team to communicate issues and proposed solutions
- Provide out of hours support, upgrade patches in production, managing issues from the operational staff such as login failures, server connectivity issues etc…
- Responding to operational emergencies and security alerts
- Deployment and configuration of IAM system components in a disaster recovery data centre, including planning and execution of a disaster recovery plan
What we’re after…
- Mid-level strong technical competency and experience as Systems engineer in Windows, Active Directory, Unix system
- Strong understanding of operating and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Devops tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins
- Proven experience in a support role of a platform or framework component within a highly scalable environment
- Excellent organisational skills; able to work with a vast array of information and able to cope with rapidly changing information
- Experience in management of Identity management systems in an enterprise level environment
- Work with a globally distributed team members and customers; sometimes having to provide support outside of normal business hours and on weekends
- Good knowledge of coding such as Java / scripting / power shell scripting is desirable
Required Soft Skills:
- Effective Communications: A staff manager with strong stakeholder and customer focus. Communicates well downward, upward, and outward, employing appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement and demonstrating both empathy and assertiveness when communicating a need or defending a position.
- Problem Solving: Uses varying problem-solving approaches and techniques as appropriate, developing successful resolutions to critical or wide-impact problems. Has the ability to organise potential problem solvers and lead problem resolution efforts, ensuring lessons learnt are captured.
- Simplifying Complex Concepts: Introduces technical terminology to listeners in the context of the product or service and explains important details as they relate to the basic value of the product or service. Approaches communication challenges from various angles to find the one that works.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and develop a team. Works comfortably with a wide range of teams across various issues, locations, and time zones. Develops an effective working relationship with each team member identifying and addresses potential problems or issues within the team. Earns trust, respect and loyalty, coordinating roles, responsibilities and interdependencies of all team members.
- Written Communications: Produces excellent, timely and focussed written materials in business and industry specific technical language seeking to ensure that the key messages are understood as intended.
- Analytical Thinking: Is able to choose among a diverse set of analytical tools according to the nature of the situation, identifying many possible causes for a problem based on prior experience and current research. Weighs the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success before recommending a course of action.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.