Senior Software Engineer - Cybersecurity
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Within Cyber Security, Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a key technology pillar at Visa, responsible for providing secure access governance to misc. payment related applications and services from a variety of users (employees, businesses and customers across).
What we expect of you, day to day.
- To stay ahead of the rapidly changing business landscape especially with Merger and Acquisitions (M&A), newer forms of access governance that go beyond the corporate perimeter and extend to cloud are required.
- This role will have the responsibility for architecting, designing and developing solutions related to managing end to end lifecycle of user management for both on-prem and cloud based applications (AWS, GCP or Azure).
- Responsible for working with business, operations, Testing as well as the other BAU support teams to ensure successful delivery of the projects. Primarily focusing on developing solutions in the IAM space.
- Work and drive in this dynamic environment with a talented team, influencing and building the next generation technology stack related to IAM.
- Establish strong engineering best practices.
- Own Projects and implementation tracks from concept to production operationalization.
- Liaise with number of IT and business stakeholders and conduct design workshops and lead the code development
- Design, implement, deploy code and execute build processes
- Integrations with different type of applications both in-house and cloud based.
What we’re after…
- Good experience as a solid hands-on programmer/developer with specialisation in deep systems architecture.
- Good programming skills such as Java, Python, Angular JS
- Good experience in IT and development thereby able to demonstrate a high level of technical ability in software engineering skills
- A software developer with a passion for innovation in cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP or Azure, technology
- Experience designing software for scale and high availability
- Experience working with CI/CD pipeline including Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible
- Database: Strong SQL Skills
- Desirable experience in developing and customising forms using Service Now
- Desirable experience in developing solutions on Docker, Kubernetes
Required Core skills
- Effective Communications: A staff manager with strong stakeholder and customer focus. Communicates well downward, upward, and outward, employing appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement and demonstrating both empathy and assertiveness when communicating a need or defending a position.
- Problem Solving: Uses varying problem-solving approaches and techniques as appropriate, developing successful resolutions to critical or wide-impact problems. Has the ability to organise potential problem solvers and lead problem resolution efforts, ensuring lessons learnt are captured.
- Simplifying Complex Concepts: Introduces technical terminology to listeners in the context of the product or service and explains important details as they relate to the basic value of the product or service. Approaches communication challenges from various angles to find the one that works.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and develop a team. Works comfortably with a wide range of teams across various issues, locations, and time zones. Develops an effective working relationship with each team member identifying and addresses potential problems or issues within the team. Earns trust, respect and loyalty, coordinating roles, responsibilities and interdependencies of all team members.
- Written Communications: Produces excellent, timely and focussed written materials in business and industry specific technical language seeking to ensure that the key messages are understood as intended.
- Analytical Thinking: Is able to choose among a diverse set of analytical tools according to the nature of the situation, identifying many possible causes for a problem based on prior experience and current research. Weighs the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success before recommending a course of action.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.