Head of Core Solutions, Senior Director
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What we expect of you, day to day...
- Lead a team of product managers for Core solutions (credit, instalments, debit and prepaid) across European markets, including deployment across clients: issuers, fintechs, agents and processors
- Grow current consumer credit portfolios across European clients, energise dormant/stagnant portfolios, support premium portfolio growth, enhance portfolios in an ethical manner to ensure affordability and regulatory compliance
- Deepen prepaid and debit portfolios across clients, ensuring feature and pricing competitiveness including deployment of debit card based instalments
- Be responsible for P&L, revenues (direct and indirect) and features roadmap for all Core solutions in Europe, including existing solutions and those in early ideation and concept stages
- Actively manage pipeline of clients, ecosystem providers and solutions providers across all European markets
- Work closely with Global, Europe hub and market teams, and other Visa companies to help scale projects and expand adoption including understanding and addressing associated impacts and requirements
- Work closely with Global teams responsible for equivalent products/solutions to ensure European programme, annual targets and reporting is aligned on an ongoing basis
- Drive solutions adoption in European markets and look at commercial opportunities to scale/distribute that allows for broadening credit and instalments products across new markets, and expanding in existing markets
- Work closely with industry and internal stakeholders across the organisation to understand market needs and improve solutions with enhancements that lead to better competitiveness, as well as pricing impacts and go-to-market requirements
- Provide regular updates and reporting to leadership levels of Visa management on key metrics and objectives; adapt overall programme tactics and strategies to address challenges/issues/opportunities
- Support key priorities and initiatives from both Global and European leadership as required
- As requirements of this role evolve, adapt to growing needs of the team and broader products organisation
What we’re after…
- Significant track record of product management in technology or financial services roles including P&L responsibilities
- Seasoned leader who can direct, coach and motivate teams
- Deep background in an issuing institution managing and growing credit portfolios
- Industry knowledge of BNPL and solution vendors is nice to have
- Curious and inquisitive problem solver – thrives in difficult and big problem spaces
- Rigorous thinker, ability to transpose business, financial and technical understanding to relevant market inputs with sales and product teams as well as with external client discussions – leading to commercial & revenue opportunities
- Deep understanding of how to scale and distribute products/services within a technology company
- Ownership and driving impact are important aspects to the role, must have the mindset to fully understand and quickly overcome commercial, technical, industry and internal challenges to succeed
- Comfortable in iterative and continuous change to maximise opportunities and drive efficiencies
- Strong ability to progress solutions and enhancements with urgency and prioritised focus for commercial and strategic benefits for our customers and Visa
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.