Director - Public Sector Leader, Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Malaysia team comprises of a highly motivated team of business leaders who create impactful results with and for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners and via strong internal and external collaboration, as we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to deliver on our long-term country goals in driving e-payments and financial inclusion.
If you are business savvy with public sector industry experience and have the technical background necessary to help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner in Malaysia, you should apply
What a Public Sector Leader does at Visa:
As a Public Sector Leader, the successful candidate will lead the relationship and sales effort directly with public sector partners.
The successful candidate will:
- Cultivate relationship with government stakeholders in partnership with Government Engagement teams, to create a vision of holistic solutions for Governments that supports the National digital economy plans and digitalization agenda
- Identify commercial opportunities in government led projects, with the objective of establishing a strategic footprint and/or develop new business flow for Visa
- Lead project management by developing collateral, internal and external product content, collaborating with in-country, regional and global product partners and other stakeholders
- Execution of strategic priorities to accelerate payment volumes growth and expansion in commercial partnership with government agencies, focusing on government payment flows across disbursement, acceptance and supplier payments.
- Drive engagement in cross-border projects relating to trade, data and payment flows to advocate for Visa solutions
- Develop innovative strategies in collaboration with Visa cross-functional teams to address unique challenges and requests from government clients.
- Ensure end to end support on commercial deals which includes legal document drafting, billing, financing and smooth delivery from cross- functional teams
The role will report directly into the Country Manager and be a core part of the country’s leadership team. As this is a client-facing role, it requires the successful candidate to establish and foster deep relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders.
Why this is important to Visa
This is a brand-new exciting role we have identified globally as a new strategic business for Visa, and it will be an opportunity to be the connector between Visa and the Government, being able to showcase Visa capabilities to support national agenda on digitization and connectivity. You will work closely with key functions in Visa such as Government Engagement, Marketing, Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Business Solutions, Consulting and Analytics teams to identify areas of opportunity for government payment flows, SME digitalization, data collaboration, cross-border connectivity and economic recovery.
The candidate must know government & public sector acquisition guidelines and have experience with government tenders and Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements. Serve as a key leader of the Visa market team supporting business strategy and new business development, identifying and responding to government tenders and RFP opportunities. Identify, manage and execute the RFP proposal response plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. client sales and account teams, etc.). Be a thought leader with respect to value adding to the ecosystem by working closely to displace cash and drive digitalization
What you will need:
- 12+ years’ experience in government/ state-owned enterprise/ public sector management, with expertise in payments/ financial services industry managing complex deals and sales
- Solid understanding of the digital payments landscape and government roadmap on digitalization and digital economy agenda
- Familiarity with government procurement and public sector contracting vehicles and procedures is essential
- Deep expertise in navigating government agencies and procedures
- Very strong collaboration and relationship skills required to balance the need to both navigate and serve external client and partner requirements, whilst being the driving force leading cross-functional teams in internal solution development.
- Strong understanding of traditional and new payment flows, including C2B, B2B, P2P, P2C, P2B, G2G, G2B, G2C, B2G and C2G is necessary.
- Fluency in additional local language apart from English is preferred
What will also help:
- Active network of senior government contacts
- Prior sales and consulting experience servicing government clients and projects
- Commercial experience with government clients
- Solutions-focused mindset
- Understanding of data infrastructures and cross-border trade is preferred
- Interest in emerging topics such as central bank digital currencies and open data/open banking
Projects you will be a part of:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for building a new team and capability in Malaysia to own and drive the development of solutions that support critical government priorities.
- With direct P&L responsibility, the successful candidate will get exceptional exposure to tier 1 clients and key government stakeholder and be responsible for establishing sales pipelines for the country team
- The segment is a key growth priority and strategic focus area for Visa and the role offers the right candidate an exceptional opportunity to build and execute it across one of the most exciting digital ecosystems in the world.