Director - Public Sector Solutions (Thailand)
- Bangkok, Thailand
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Thailand team comprises of a highly motivated team of business leaders who create impactful results with and for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners and via strong internal and external collaboration, as we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to deliver on our long-term country goals in driving e-payments and financial inclusion.
If you are business savvy with financial services industry experience and have a strong background in financial analysis and forecasting necessary to drive the Business Development function, you should apply!
What a Director – Public Sector Solutions does at Visa:
As a Director - Public Sector Solutions, the successful candidate will lead the relationship and sales effort directly with public sector partners.
The successful candidate will:
- Cultivate deep partnerships with government stakeholders and public sector entities to understand their needs and requirements.
- Develop and execute on a vision for holistic solutions supporting government and public sector entities across Thailand.
- Identify new payment flows and develop new solutions and CVPs for public sector entities.
- Collaborate extensively in-country, regional and global function teams to develop and tailor solutions to partner and client requirements.
- Have direct P&L responsibility of Public Sector clients and work with the Country Manager to deliver the P&L and all relevant KPIs.
- Develop innovative strategies in collaboration with Visa cross-functional teams to address unique challenges and requests from government clients.
- Ensure end to end support on commercial deals which includes legal document drafting, billing, financing and smooth delivery from cross- functional teams
The role will report directly into the Country Manager and be a core part of the country’s leadership team. As this is a client-facing role, it requires the successful candidate to establish and foster deep relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders.
Why this is important to Visa
The electronic payments industry continues to evolve and with it the need to deepen collaboration and partnerships across the payments ecosystem. Visa provides digital payments and value-added services that enables and differentiates governments to ultimately support the growth and development of their economies and societies as a whole. You will work closely with key functions in Visa such as Government Engagement, Marketing, Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Business Solutions, Consulting and Analytics teams to identify areas of opportunity for government payment flows, SME digitalization, data collaboration, cross-border connectivity and economic recovery.
What you will need:
- 12+ years of work experience with 10+ years’ experience in government/ state-owned enterprise/ public sector management, with expertise in payments/ financial services industry
- Strong understanding of payments and the evolution of the ecosystem and the crucial role public sector entities and governments play today.
- Familiarity with government procurement and public sector contracting vehicles and procedures is essential
- Very strong collaboration and relationship skills required to balance the need to both navigate and serve external client and partner requirements, whilst being the driving force leading cross-functional teams in internal solution development.
- Strong understanding of traditional and new payment flows, including C2B, B2B, P2P, P2C, P2B, G2G, G2B, G2C, B2G and C2G is necessary.
- Fluency in both Thai and English
What will also help:
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions for the government/ SOE segment.
- Deep expertise in navigating government agencies and procedures.
- Commercial experience with government clients
- Interest in emerging topics such as central bank digital currencies and open data/open banking
Projects you will be a part of:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for building a capability in Thailand to drive the development of solutions that support critical government priorities.
- With direct P&L responsibility, the successful candidate will get exceptional exposure to key government stakeholder and be responsible for establishing sales pipelines for the country team
- The segment is a key growth priority and strategic focus area for Visa and the role offers the right candidate an exceptional opportunity to build and execute it across one of the most exciting digital ecosystems in the world.