Manager, North America Co-Brand Business Development
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The NA Co-brand Business Development team’s mission is to win new co-brand business and retain existing partnerships with merchant partners across multiple industry verticals. The team interacts across multiple functions within the Visa US organization to bring the very best of Visa’s expertise and assets to our clients.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the team’s business development efforts across all verticals. In doing so, this individual will collaborate with functions across Visa including merchant sales leaders, issuer account leaders, product teams, marketing, legal, finance and more.
Key Responsibilities include:
US co-brand deal support across all merchant verticals (Retail, Travel and Entertainment, eCommerce, Digital Partnerships, Everyday Spend):
o Co-lead and support end to end business development efforts on high value new, renew and competitive takeaway co-brand opportunities
o Drive analytics, business case and pitch decks for deals and client presentations
o Develop support deliverables that are aligned with the sales strategy
o Project manage proposal efforts or major negotiations, inclusive of liaising with subject matter experts, sales enablement team, finance and legal
o Support a deal pipeline and end to end sales process.
o Be the face of NA Co-Brand team internally.
Support development and implementation of team strategic initiatives
o Support merchant and issuer strategies across verticals
o Drive implementation of select go-to-market initiatives
o Assist with strategy document creation and leadership/stakeholder updates
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong Sales and Client Development Orientation – exceptional customer focus
- Proactive/Self Starter – willing and able to take on new challenges, flexible and able to work through ambiguity
- Excellent Communicator – strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to craft concise and compelling PowerPoint documents that articulate strategic concepts or client-ready messages
- Drive for Results and Strong Project Management – dynamic and able to juggle numerous responsibilities simultaneously with swift turnaround times; able to work across multiple time zones when required
- Business Maturity and Acumen – 5 to 7 years of professional experience
- Strong Collaboration skills – ability to work with the team and across the organization with multiple levels and stakeholders
- Analytical – ability to clarify assessment needs and perform rigorous analysis to support project objectives. Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Travel Requirements: Occasional domestic travel (post-pandemic) up to 15%
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
**This position can be located in San Francisco or New York.**