Sr. Software Engineer (Java / Full stack Developer)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
The Client Information Development is part of the Client Information Clearing and Settlement (CICAS) organization. We are responsible for development, maintenance and support business critical applications that support VISA's daily operations. Client Information applications are responsible in the storage, upkeep and dissemination of client information for authorization, clearing, settlement and data mining. A successful candidate will work as an individual contributor who will be able to deliver quality work product in collaboration with more senior members of the team.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to understand business requirements for use in designing appropriate solutions
- Contribute in formulating options and providing recommendations on scope and scale of effort required to implement final requirements
- Analyze, document, design, code, unit test and implement solutions for system enhancements, and production fixes
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support
- Provide rotational 24x7 on call support for problem analysis and resolution as scheduled
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets business and technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience in software design and development experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD in computer science or related field.
- 5 or more years of work experience in of software design and development experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 3 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in computer science or related field.
- Strong in Java, J2EE and experience with REST APIs, Spring Boot, Node.JS, JSON.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Exposure of OOP concepts and design patterns
- Exposure to Relational/any Database, Mybatis. Strong in SQL.
- Exposure to Operating system – Linux, Unix, Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012.
- Experience working with IBM DB2, My SQL databases.
- Good understanding of windows client server and web-based application.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Capable of coding, testing and implementing quality code with zero defects under tight timeframes
- Willingness to learn from, and share your knowledge with, other team members
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management
- Must work well within a team in a fast-paced high performance organization
- Must be flexible and capable of working under pressure
- Passionate about innovation and possess out of box thinking proficiencies.
- Must be flexible in learning other technologies and upgrading technical skills to match with the growing business and market needs.
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand the requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions.
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail.
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together.
- You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services.
Additional experience (good to have, not a must):
- Experience in Caching (Hazelcast or Redis), Kafka.
- Good understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Containers.
- Familiar with CI-CD tools & process. Experience in Jenkins, Sonarqube, Artifactory, Bitbucket or any other code management tools.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours and also provide rotational 24x7 on call support for problem analysis and resolution as scheduled.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.