New Business Development - Fintech & Digital Partners
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As New Business Development – Fintech & Digital Players you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for searching, identifying, structuring, managing and develop strategic partnerships, alliances and commercial deals within the most relevant players in the ecosystem.
The role also includes:
- Lead the business and the relationship development with prospects and clients. Align objectives, priorities and resources between Visa and them
- Win new business development opportunities (originating, structuring, executing) with high-growth global, regional, or local players across multiple sectors including startups, Fintech and payments companies that enable digital commerce, payments, e-wallets, crowdfunding, IoT among others
- Positioning Visa as the preferred partner among prospects and clients, thorough deep understanding of entities strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, to present strategic ideas on how Visa’s products can impact their results; in alignment with industry developments, dynamics and digital trends
- Being actively involved in the Fintech & Digital Players ecosystem
- Accountable for optimizing resources to achieve volume and revenue targets and P&L. Deliver financial objectives including revenue, payment volume and market penetration objectives
- She/he is expected to decide over strategic and tactical matters for which she / he is responsible for and escalate the ones that require senior management involvement
- Conduct business with ethics across all stakeholders
- Develop Account level plans to align the Fintech & Digital Partner strategic objectives with Visa solutions and prepare associated action plans
- Develop a clear Stakeholder engagement model with the required cadence plan.
- Ability to generate innovative creative solutions to unique problems and opportunities encountered in complex, and dynamic environments
- Highly client oriented, results driven and hands on
- Deep consulting skills and client engagement capabilities. Regulatory knowledge and deep understanding about the new Ley Fintech and other payment-related laws
- Strong influential skills at multiple levels, including entrepreneurship leaders and owners, design thinkers and Executive / C-level
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills. Drive, enthusiasm and creativity are key attributes
- Highly organized with exposure of project / program management
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Fintech, startups and neo-card-payments industry, its products, services and technologies, digital transformation
- Bankcard industry experience, strong knowledge base of the card business including account solicitation, account maintenance, operations, systems and risk management is desirable
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- Business experience including sales and/or relationship management
- Willingness to learn and execute effectives sales strategies for new payment products and services
- Card Issuing/Acquiring experience beneficial. Exposure to servicing Financial Institution clients in these areas is required
- Availability to travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.