Fintech and Digital Players Business Development Manager - Western & Central Africa
- Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 10,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital
currency to more people all over the world.
As the "Fintech and Digital Players Business Development Manager" for the Western & Central Africa cluster you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for searching, identifying, structuring, managing and develop strategic partnerships, alliances and commercial deals within the most relevant players in the ecosystem.
The role also includes:
- Lead the business and the relationship development with prospects and clients. Align objectives, priorities and resources between Visa and them
- Win new business development opportunities (originating, structuring, executing) with high-growth global, regional, or local players across multiple sectors including startups, Fintech and payments companies that enable digital commerce, payments, e-wallets, crowdfunding, IoT among others
- Positioning Visa as the preferred partner among prospects and clients, thorough deep understanding of entities strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, to present strategic ideas on how Visa’s products can impact their results; in alignment with industry developments, dynamics and digital trends
- Being actively involved in the Fintech & Digital Players ecosystem
- Accountable for optimizing resources to achieve volume and revenue targets and P&L. Deliver financial objectives including revenue, payment volume and market penetration objectives
- She/he is expected to decide over strategic and tactical matters for which she / he is responsible for and escalate the ones that require senior management involvement
- Conduct business with ethics across all stakeholders
- Develop Account level plans to align the Fintech & Digital Partner strategic objectives with Visa solutions and prepare associated action plans
- Develop a clear Stakeholder engagement model with the required cadence plan.
The Business Development Manager Western & Central Africa - Fintechs & Digital Players will report to the Cluster Head for Western & Central Africa
- Ability to generate innovative creative solutions to unique problems and opportunities encountered in complex, and dynamic environments
- Highly client oriented, results driven and hands on
- Deep consulting skills and client engagement capabilities. Regulatory knowledge and deep understanding about the new Ley Fintech and other payment-related laws
- Strong influential skills at multiple levels, including entrepreneurship leaders and owners, design thinkers and Executive / C-level
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills. Drive, enthusiasm and creativity are key attributes
- Highly organized with exposure of project / program management
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Fintech, startups and neo-card-payments industry, good knowledge of the Mobile Network Operator industry, their products, services and technologies, digital transformation
- Bankcard industry experience, strong knowledge base of the card business including account solicitation, account maintenance, operations, systems and risk management is desirable
- Fluent in English and French
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- Business experience including sales and/or relationship management
- Willingness to learn and execute effectives sales strategies for new payment products and services
- Card Issuing/Acquiring experience beneficial. Exposure to servicing Financial Institution clients in these areas is required
Availability to travel