Director - Test Engineering (Cybersource)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most Innovative, Reliable and Secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays
The CyberSource Product Platform team is looking for talented Director of Test Engineering with a passion for Quality and Engineering Improvements. You will lead larger team of test engineers focused on delivering highest quality product in fastest possible way. You will drive process change, innovation, code quality improvements and tools to enable rapid development, testing and deployment. You will be responsible for setting up vision and strategy and plan to execute the strategy. You will be creating and executing metrics driven plan to improve the code quality by setting up the appropriate processes, development practices and applying proper tools that helps to detect code quality issues using shift left strategy. You will also advise Senior Management/Product Development staff on the quality and risk of features being released, and you will actively collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Program Management, Development, Service Delivery/Operations, and Customer Service to coordinate and implement cross-project Test Engineering and Development initiatives. This position is based in Bangalore and will report to the Senior Director of Software Engineering.
- Own full stack quality across MAP UI and API applications
- Own full stack code quality across our platform products like payments, alternate payments and tokenisation management services.
- Work closely with the development team to create quality code in an efficient manner.
- Test Engineering point of contact for senior leadership stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Build and enhance resilient UI and API centric automation that performs regression and user acceptance testing.
- Create high-level test engineering team goals and action plans to align with overall Product Development objectives.
- Emulate strong management and leadership principles with the capacity to engage, motivate, mentor and coach test engineers distributed across various geographical locations.
- Communicate and adapt presentations to a wide range of audiences regarding goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovation and results.
- Implement, gather and report team/project metrics to track business value
- Hire and retain high caliber test engineers within planned budget and timeline.
- Accountable for the quality of the products released to production.
- Act decisively and remove impediments for the test team by collaborating with all the horizontal teams.
- Partner with ASE, Release Management, Performance and Security to complete overall test engineering initiatives and resolve impediments.
- 15-18 years of experience with an engineering/masters degree
- 10+ years of experience in Test Engineering Management with at least 5 years of experience in a Senior Manager capacity.
- Deep understanding of design patterns and design principles
- Hands on working experience in XP or Scrum or Kanban
- Hands on experience in TDD, Object-Oriented design, Structured Programming, Continuous Integration.
- Conversant to use UML, DFDs, Structure Charts, Petri Nets, State Transition Diagrams and Tables, flow charts, and decision tables.
- Demonstrated knowledge in using containers and container orchestration tools and techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software quality assurance, modern testing processes and methodologies.
- Technical proficiency and hands-on experience with UI, Rest API, Backend systems, & Platform Development technology.
- Proven track record of engineering excellence and improving organization efficiency.
- Experience with static analysis and code coverage tools.
- Experience implementing CI/CD.
- Experience leading a test engineering team in an agile environment
- Must be comfortable presenting and speaking to large groups of people & Sr. Leadership team.
- Knowledge or experience of financials/payments industry is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership in mentoring and helping career growth of engineers, creating leads across teams and empowering team with constantly raising the bar.
EEO Statement - Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.