Senior Software Engineer - (Fullstack & DevOps)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The candidate should have a strong technical background (experience working in Payment / Financial Services space and Devops technologies will be a plus), should be a thought leader, have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills and be an analytical and structured thinker. This individual must be able to think broadly about Visa's business and drive the expansion of the Visa Merchant Acquiring and processing (MAP) Payments platform.
To be successful in this position, the individual must be highly effective working both independently and in cross-functional capacities to identify, define, analyze, prioritize and implement technology requirements across all categories. Successful candidates will be skilled at forging strong partnerships with business sponsors, product owners, architects, and developers to define and implement the feature sets and automation to support the development process.
Beyond the design and planning stages of the development lifecycle, strong agile expertise is required to collaborate with Scrum teams and communicate requirements to development teams for execution and implementation.
This role will also partner with the cross-functional leadership team to help define the roadmap priorities and ensure that it remains aligned with the broader strategy and priorities. This individual will foster innovation, collaboration, leverage new technologies and champion impactful change to build Visa's technology brand through internal and external initiatives.
- Being a Senior Software Engineer, this engineer would be responsible for design, develop and implement solutions for MAPPD with enhanced tools and processes with high quality standards.
- Work within a highly-skilled and vibrant team along with Engineering Managers to determine methods and procedures on new automation assignments and should be able to switch gears to work on Payment systems for new project features and enhancements.
- This engineer will be working with internal/external stakeholders to understand the business requirements, and drive it to deliver them till PROD.
- Design, implement and develop software for Cloud components. Marshall “industry coding standards”, design patterns and practices within Visa.
- Build tools to improve operational efficiency of cloud infrastructure in all areas of Infrastructure Automation i.e. Provisioning, Scaling, Availability, Upgrade, Maintenance, Security and Governance
- Evaluate “Proof of Concepts” based on Long Term Architecture and pilot new tools & technologies.
- Provide guidance to less-experienced team members. Review and evaluate codes developed by junior members to ensure we develop only highest-quality code.
- Bachelor degree with 4-7 yrs of IT industry experience, preferably in automation and tools development in multi-tier enterprise architecture.
- Experience in Payments industry is a big plus.
- Expertise in Devops Technologies and Tools and passion for building them.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to changing technology
- Should have strong knowledge on core java concepts, oops, design patterns.
- Strong coding experience in two or more programming languages Java scripts, Java, Angular.js, Node.js etc.
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as Jira, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar.
- Good exposure with SOAP and REST web services[consume and expose]
- Experience with Linux environments and using the shell
- Experience with Python, MySQL, MongoDB, or other RDBMS
- Experience writing tests (unit, functional, etc.), and using testing frameworks. Good experience of Junit and Test driven development.
- Experience in working on containerized application development environment. (Docker, K8S, etc)
- Strong problem-solving skills and Communication skills.
- Attitude towards getting things done while maintaining regard for code quality
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of initiatives and comfortable seeking help
- Comfortable tackling new problems and learning along the way
- Experience with open source tools and modules for testing, integration & deployment.
- Understanding of Infrastructure components like Systems, Virtual Machines, Containers, Database, Middleware, Storage, etc.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, developing comprehensive test and quality plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Should have good problem solving skills, data structure and algorithms.