Client Consulting Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VCA provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest issuers in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
The VCA team is looking for an Analyst to join our consulting practice and play a role in delivering high impact strategic projects for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery and implementation of projects and solutions with US Financial Institutions / Issuing Banks. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
Potential engagements could include product development, program launch, customer acquisition, customer life cycle optimization, retention enhancement, benchmark analysis, profitability enhancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the gathering and analysis of information, support the formulation and testing of hypotheses to address client business problem
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals and segments
- Support the development of frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios and customer engagement in their core business
- Successfully collaborate with peers in other functional areas (marketing, sales, risk, innovation) to execute projects and deliver value for clients
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals with attention to details. This is an individual contributor role reporting into a Senior Director within VCA.
What we're after...
- High intellectual capability evidenced by solid analytical skills. Strong Excel skills to update opportunity models, analyze transaction data and develop MIS reports
- Experience in financial or payment services gained ideally in consultancy practice, payment scheme or retail bank
- Good understanding of payments business and transaction flows and Visa Product Set and an understanding of Issuer portfolio management practices
- Self-starter who actively plans next steps with problem solving skills and curiosity
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Good presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to comprehend and convey complex business information
- Willingness to travel throughout the covered markets as needed and the ability to work across functions and markets.
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Prior experience at large management consulting firm or US Financial Institution
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and lead in a team environment
- Technology mindset, curious, up-to-date with digital trends and applications
*THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP/IMMIGRATION ASSISTANCE
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.