Lead Software Engineer - Mobile, Java/Kotlin (m/f/d)
- Munich, Germany
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- You will be joining the Mobile Reliability team.
- The Mobile Reliability team consists of experienced Java/Kotlin and iOS developers, as well as dedicated QA engineers, distributed over multiple countries.
- As a platform team, we care about and take care of the various aspects of the technical foundation of our SDK. We promote a high quality of code and aim to increase the productivity of the whole mobile development community.
- We run and maintain our own, dedicated lab with physical robots for real-world testing purposes on different payment terminals that you encounter every day in stores.
- You will work on the core of our in-store payments SDK.
- This work will include various kinds of improvements that our whole mobile development community will benefit from.
- These improvements can stretch from work on our CI system and improving the testing setup, to increasing & ensuring code quality and the use of proper coding patterns & architectures, as well as the development of new technical features (e.g., authentication mechanisms, feature toggles).
- Tasks may stretch beyond mobile and also offer options to work on other topics (e.g., microservices).
- 10 years of work experience in in mobile or mobile SDK development with Java and Kotlin with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of work experience in in mobile or mobile SDK development with Java and Kotlin with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- You have a very good understanding of clean code principles (SOLID, KISS, DRY, Clean Architecture) and enjoy using TDD/BDD paradigms to produce clean and maintainable code.
- You are experienced working in collaborative development cycles (e.g., pull requests), and using CI/CD solutions.
- You have experience designing, planning and executing large architectural code changes in a collaborative manner.
- Good understanding of software testing methods & paradigms (e.g., testing pyramid), and designing their implementations.
- Experience administrating CI/CD systems (e.g., Jenkins).
- You possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English.
- You live a commitment to technical excellence.
- You are a great team player, with the ability to work autonomously.
- You have a self-starter attitude, are able to take the lead on technical topics and to take critical technical decisions. You also know how and when to push things through on your own, or together with the team.
- You enjoy spreading your knowledge and educating others, as well as promoting this mentality among others.
- Experience developing with Kotlin Multiplatform
- Experience developing for iOS.
- 40 per week
Diversity & Inclusion:
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
We are open to hiring in Munich, Germany or Poznań, Poland