Sr. Data Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- 4 yrs+ of experience in architecture design and development of large-scale data management platforms and data application with simple solutions
- A Full-Stack Developer with must have hands on coding and designing skills on
- React/Angular for front-end
- MVC (model-view-controller) for end-to-end development
- SQL/NoSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP/gRPC)
- Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data processes
- Expertise in efficiently leveraging the power of distributed big data systems, including but not limited to Hadoop Hive, Spark, Kafka streaming, and etc.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on big data and cloud computing technologies.
- Good to have experience -Apache NiFi and Apache Spark for processing large data sets
- Strong service architecture and development experience with high performance and scalability
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition, ingestion and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required.
- Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, strong learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Payment industry experience is a plus.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.