Manager, Global Sponsorship Marketing
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This role will support the Global Sponsorship Strategy leads who manage the FIFA & Olympic/Paralympic verticals primarily and NFL (in non-Olympic/Paralympic/FIFA World Cup years). Each of these cornerstone platforms are leveraged across the Visa business and require day to day interaction with multiple stake holders both internally and externally.
Reporting to the Head of FIFA, this motivated, highly collaborative professional will become a recognized face across the Visa business both internally and externally. The scope of work includes (a) working across a broad team of Visa stakeholders, agency partners, and properties in the management of Visa’s rights implementation in the host countries of major future events and (b) serving as a champion of these assets for how to best leverage and activate our global sponsorships. Additionally, this role will have key interactions with the properties themselves and relationship building is a key qualification for this role.
This global marketer will partner with the Visa Global Brand Strategy & Planning, Communications, Product and Innovation marketing teams, and other strategic business and functional partners to ensure delivery of Visa’s marketing campaigns, and work hand in hand with regional counterparts to strengthen strategic alignment and integration of all sponsorships. There will be accountability for the Global Sponsorship Strategy team in meeting established ROI and marketing effectiveness measures across all areas.
Sponsorship Management & Marketing:
- Support and manage existing sponsorship portfolio and event-time operations for both FIFA and Olympics/Paralympics
- Serve as one of the key global contacts for property rights usage management, activation, and approvals
- Support global sponsorship acquisition of new properties and renewals where necessary
- Support and help manage 160/90 sports sponsorship agency of record across verticals
- Matrix work: comfortably and continuously present high performance through navigating a matrix organization where multiple Global, Regional and Local constituents converge towards the same event.
- Project tracking of key projects & deliverables including strong budget management
- Work collaboratively with the Global Brand, Communications, Product and Innovation marketing and Legal teams on the development of all Olympics and FIFA consumer, client and partner marketing and communications including but is not limited to: development of core creative idea, visual identity systems, promotions, digital strategy, GTM media plans, on the ground activation at event time including the onsite activation, advertising, social and digital media strategy, etc.
- Support integration of new brand identity system, visual, audio, etc. across properties
- Support and track projects like ticketing, Look of the Games/Football and our innovation agenda alongside both properties
- Asset marketing activation support and onsite delivery & execution at the Olympics/Paralympics and FIFA World Cup
- Support the Client Integration function by maximizing asset allocation / usage to drive both Visa and Client activation strategies to maximize use and therefore return on investment of our global sponsorship platforms
- In non-Olympic/Paralympic and FIFA World Cup years, provide management support to the NFL vertical and teams if applicable
- 4 years of work experience in global sponsorships/ event activation, with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 or more years of marketing experience, including working in global sponsorships or event activation; MBA preferred
- You demonstrate excellent project management skills
- You are a self-starter, comfortable working independently, detail oriented
- Proven ability to prioritize workloads, manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with client management and relationship experience preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving and quantitative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Powerpoint presentations
- Ability to travel locally and globally if required
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms.
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel, 10-20%
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Relocation will not be available.
VISA is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law