- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Design Lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work!
What's it all about?
As Design Lead working with one of Visa's top UK clients you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the design for a range of VISA funded activities across our client's credit and debit portfolios. The role will be part of a small team of designers and will involve running and managing an experienced team of designers producing beautiful, useful, innovative products for the client’s UK customers. The design team will be responsible for the full design of customer journey improvements across the core card journeys as well as the development of new propositions. The Design Team will be an integral part of the client's broader UK design team working on specific funded projects but ensuring collaboration to ensure compliance to brand, design language and design principles.
What we expect you to do, day to day.
- Manage teams of designers focused on VISA Programme of activity covering projects.
- Understand our clients’ business objectives, needs, plans, etc. together with the UK&I Account Management Team.
- Focus on the customer – our client holds their customers in the highest regard and want to create digital experiences that delight and bring joy to the users.
- Knowledgeable and skilled at the practice of Digital Experience Design and be able to define and create ground-breaking customer experiences that put the company at the pinnacle of customer focussed design practices.
- Ensure consistency in approach, design, and output between this specific area and all other areas of the digital experience.
- Articulate vision of the digital experience being delivered for the client’s customers in the VISA payments domain.
- Lead best practice methodology for design within the business.
- Innovate frequently to keep the Design team at the forefront of digital design, synthesising the latest thinking and applying it to the unique circumstances of the client.
- Identify opportunities and improvements to grow the business of the client; develop and propose appropriate project approaches and business solutions to the client.
- Provide high level visibility and drive strategic initiatives for the programme, reporting progress into Client’s management as well as UKI VCA and VMS functions, maintaining governance and oversight.
What we’re after…
- The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced designer familiar working with international brands. A thought leader and very skilled technician in delivering incredible design.
- Extensive experience working in digital experience design either in-house or within an agency setting.
- Comfortable working with everyone, from junior team members to CEOs, and feel confident of presenting ideas and work at all levels, negotiating timelines and workloads, inputting on the business strategy for digital projects and products.
- Facilitation skills – running workshops and ensuring stakeholders are on board with the process.
- Well versed in digital experience design, and the principles of customer-led design.
- Comfortable leading a team of designers, and inputting to cross-business design to meet a big design vision
- Expert understanding and experience running agile and/or waterfall development workflows – building digital experiences in large complex teams.
- Full working knowledge of diverse design and development methodologies.
- Passion about the benefits and impacts of design, and an engaged and active member of the design community.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.