Technical Product Manager SG
- Austin, TX
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Technical Product Manager will have the responsibility to implement the strategy for CyberSource's Product within Cybersource Fraud Management Team. He/she will lead definition of business requirements and development of a global product roadmap to support CyberSource's Acquirer, Partner, Merchant and Portfolio business.
- Be the custodian for the new technology repository of business rules to ensure reusability and scalability so that we build functionality once and launch globally
- Be the reviewer and accountable owner for gatekeeping common rules and ensuring its integrity
- Train the new hires and shared accountability until their first project is successful
- Continually find synergies among different roadmap items and come up with a recommendation for faster time to market
- Define end to end solution to enable new fraud solutions, new partner integrations in different markets. Identify dependencies on other products to deliver a complete end to end solution.
- Participate and sign off in product demo. Ensure product features are well understood and implemented as requested.
- Work with Business teams, Data scientist and Data modeling teams to evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for products to expand the capabilities that are aligned with business strategy.
- Define and implement strategy for the rapidly building new integrations with payments processor in different markets.Actively prioritize product backlog and participate in release/Sprint planning ceremonies.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience with hierarchy and portfolio management in the payments industry, or merchant experience.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in the product management /system analysis role.
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Analytical skills - secure and compare information from different
- sources to prioritize features
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to
- coordinate multiple parties to deliver a product
- Responsible for value proposition definition and communications,
- product differentiation, cost/benefit analysis, and executive presentations
- Creative spark - in product innovation, product management, and
- finding ways to get things done
- Demonstrated strength at building relationships, highly motivated,
- strong sense of urgency, ability to motivate others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair for
- getting people excited
- Strong desire and aptitude to be very hands-on with data and
- Team player, with proven track record of taking initiative and
- ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
- Financial services/payments, ecommerce, and mobile commerce
- industry experience a strong plus
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.