Director, Client Engineering
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to Visa’s VP End User Operations, this role provides senior leadership to drive strategic vision for Visa end user technologies. Develop and execute new initiatives through staff to enable all Visa employees to do their best work every day. Work collaboratively to define and execute business priorities with other functional and technology areas of Visa and senior leaders in various global markets. The ideal candidate should be a highly qualified executive with substantial experience managing and knowledge of network design, configuration, operations, and administration with strong leadership skills. S/he will have relevant management experience within a large, complex managed technology services organization.
- Lead the development and launch of the global client engineering (CE) strategy from concept to delivery with a focus on new technologies.
- Thought leadership to guide the teams to manage the demands from projects and technology upgrades including near term direction for global vendor strategy, technology strategy and global alignment of networks.
- Oversee all phases of CE projects including budgeting, planning, implementation, maintenance, administration, construction, staffing and logistics.
- Strong people management skills with demonstrated ability to grow and mentor a high performing team
- Drive organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships and agile collaboration with business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation.
- Drive technical architecture and infrastructure planning as well as system hardware and software engineering activities.
- Lead development of innovation and strategic direction in application of theories and concepts in end user technologies.
- Analyze all assigned services from a cost, capacity, and forecast perspective, and continually evaluate new CE technologies and applications.
- Be creative and find new solutions; innovation should be something the candidate enjoys.
- Ensure that Information Security and risk management are embedded within the culture requiring continuous improvement to a complex set of functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets.
- Direct the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the corporate computing and networking infrastructure, including development of Risk Management, Identity/Access Management, Information Security and Privacy, and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
- Work cross functionally to proactively ensure Visa end user technologies are capable of handling emerging or future business requirements.
- Ensure that operations are conducted according to corporate standards, and in compliance with external standards as defined in company objectives (e.g., ITIL, COBIT, ISO27001/27002 and similar).
- Establish standards and governance in future acquisitions to mitigate risk and maximize CE stability
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline, required. Graduate degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a globally diverse engineering team
- 0+ years performing architecture, engineering & operations tasks in a medium to large enterprise
- Must have strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Prior experience in driving and leading enterprise technology and cultural transformation programs with purpose and energy to promote unified approach.
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out technologies
- Great communicator and able to drive consensus across diverse/global technology teams
- Experience with resource forecasting and financial management is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.