Sr. Software Engineer
- Bellevue, WA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa has a great toolbox of leading technologies including CyberSource and Authorize.Net. Together, we are building leading edge full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
We are looking for talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate engineers who embrace challenges and are proven problem solvers. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be a part of multiple teams tasked with projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications, and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will participate in the full project lifecycle from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production), and will get excellent ecommerce experience that will help you throughout your career.
You will be working with colleagues who will help, support and challenge you every day. Unit testing, code reviewing, and regular check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations. Teams consist of a Dev Manager, QA Manager, developers, QA engineers, scrum master, and product owner with local Configuration Management and Database Engineering support.
- Primary responsibility is to write optimized, secure, functional and scalable code, and performance tune your results
- Produce unit level test cases in accordance with domain standards using provided tools
- Provide proper estimates for work
- Along with your team, partner closely with other teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our merchants
- Participate in Hackathons and take advantage of opportunities to learn new technologies, which is key to this industry
- Sharing knowledge with others is a must; this will be achieved through presentations to the development community as well as helping others out with the knowledge gained over time
- A successful individual on the team is always looking for opportunities to improve themselves and contribute to the improvement of the development processes for the organization
- Come up with creative solutions to solve problems
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Knowledge/experience with at least one of the object oriented languages (Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Concepts, Service Oriented Architectures, Distributed Systems Design Concepts and Computer Science fundamentals
- Driven and self-motivated; work creatively to solve challenging problems
- Willingness to work with different technologies
- Knowledge/experience in one of the server-side web application framework and languages (i.e. Java/Spring, JS/Node, C#/.Net MVC or .NET Web API)
- Familiarity with Authentication and Authorization standards (i.e. OAuth, SAML)
- Knowledge/experience in designing and building RESTful APIs
- Understanding of OWASP security principles
- Knowledge/experience building responsive Single Page Applications that consume REST services
- Familiarity with browser(s) architecture, rendering process, sandbox architecture
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
- Familiarity with Github
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.