Staff UX Designer
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is heavily investing in its Global Product Design Team to help support its growing digital product line. Visa Global Product Design is comprised of five specializations: Design, Research & Accessibility, Design Engineering, Design Operations and Content Creation & Design Strategy. Design is looking for a Staff UX Designer to join our team.
We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with Visa's applications and products. Our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who are as analytical as they are creative. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration, and we prize proven skills and team success over personal gain.
In this role, you will model excellent UX principles and mentor junior staff. The Staff UX Designer is an experienced individual contributor responsible for designing usable, accessible and engaging user experiences for Visa's digital product line. Although we prefer candidates be located in one of our Design Research hubs—Austin, San Francisco or New York City—we are open to the possibility of a remote work arrangement should it suit all parties.
Role responsibilities include:
· Design usable, accessible and engaging digital experiences for the web and mobile
· Own and make design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design principles
· Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
· Collaborate with business partners and build upon their vision using sound UX principles
· Mentor and provide guidance to junior staff
· Responsible for the strategic oversight of product lines
· Be an advocate for our users
· Capture requirements, design flows, wireframes, testable prototypes and fully fleshed out designs
· Document your designs and consult with engineers to ensure they are built and function as intended
· Effectively demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
· Minimum of 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or at least 2 years of work experience with a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree)
· Minimum of 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, at least 6 years of work experience with a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology or related field
· Proficiency designing and developing prototypes using Balsamiq, Invision or other industry tools
· Proficiency designing high-fidelity mockups using Figma, Sketch or other industry tools
· Subject Matter Expertise in interaction design
· Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities) a plus
· Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus
· Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus
· Group facilitation and teaching (design thinking) skills a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including thorough and methodical attention to detail
· Fully fluent in English and able to understand and be easily understood in English
· Ability to communicate concepts and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences
· Ability to self-manage time and work independently or as part of a team
· An online portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product and ecosystem thinking
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for up to 3% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.