Senior Director, Canada Co-Brand and Partnership Development
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director of Merchant and Co-Brand Partnership Development of Canada is responsible for developing and executing a Co-brand and broader partnership development strategy for the Canadian market. This role requires leadership, vision and creativity to develop the Co-brand strategy, drive the expansion of Visa products and solutions, and lead the overall commercialization of Visa’s business development objectives.
This role will report to the VP of North American Co-Brand and Partnership Development with dual reporting into the VP of Merchant Sales in Canada. This person will be a key member of Visa’s Canadian team. The incumbent will collaborate with key executive leadership from functions across Visa such as technology, marketing, merchant sales leaders, acquiring, issuer account leaders, customer support, and product teams. Externally, this role will collaborate with senior executives at key merchants and issuers.
- Accountable for the design of the Canada Co-brand ‘Go to Market Strategy’, leading the development of Co-brand prospect prioritization, sales strategy, cross functional collaboration and annual business plan
- Support the expansion of existing co-brand partnerships through active client engagement, consulting and the cross selling of non-Co-brand Visa products and services to create a comprehensive, deep partnership with select Visa merchants
- Develop and manage a Canada Co-brand sales pipeline including the definition, prioritization, tracking and reporting of Co-brand opportunities
- Lead new Co-brand business development activities with merchants and issuers: prospecting, lead development, and active selling for profitable new Co-brand opportunities
- Collaborate with internal Visa partners to identify opportunities and deliver coordinated business development and client management efforts across Co-brand and complementary products and solutions
- Lead negotiations with Co-brand partners that reflect the strategic nature of Co-brand relationships
- Lead strategic initiatives that define Visa’s long-term approach and demonstrate thought leadership to our partners
- Serve as internal and external thought leader responsible for communicating Visa's Co-brand and partnership vision, strategy and perspective within a rapidly evolving industry
- Effectively work with a cross functional team; set clear objectives and provide guidance and support to achieve our mutual goals
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD.
- Deep Business Experience – Minimum 12 years+ business experience with a strong partnership and sales focus. Proven ability managing a pipeline, negotiating business agreements and driving commercial results.
- Collaboration and Relationship Building – Demonstrated experience building and leveraging strong relationships within Visa and client organizations at multiple levels.
- Exceptional Leadership – Strong executive presence and experience leading cross-functional teams to promote a shared vision and deliver as a single team.
- Excellent Communicator – Superb ability to influence and collaborate at all levels; ability to articulate strategic concepts through exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive for Results – Strong project management skills with ability to deliver tangible business results.
- Proactive/Self Starter – Willing and able to take on new challenges and able to work through ambiguity
- Dynamic and flexible – Able to juggle numerous responsibilities simultaneously with swift turnaround times; able to work across multiple time zones when required
- Analytical – ability to clarify assessment needs and perform rigorous analysis to support project objectives
- Co-brand issuer and/or merchant experience managing a co brand portfolio P&L, preferably across a variety of markets and relevant industries such as airline, retail and ecommerce.
- Fluent in co-brand business development and/or program management best practices along with implications for issuers, networks and merchants.
- Deep knowledge of payment economics and partnership structures with analytic orientation and viewpoint on emerging partnership trends.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Travel Requirements: Occasional domestic travel (post-pandemic) up to 15%
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position is located in Toronto.