Staff DevOps Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
A successful candidate needs to be technical, with architecture experience, and have a blend of skills in DevOps Engineering and Administration of BI systems, primarily - but not limited to - MicroStrategy and Tableau Server, ensuring customer satisfaction, superior performance, security adherence and supportability of the BI applications. Success in this role will require working effectively with a matrix organization within BI & Analytics (Data Product Development org) and across other departments within Visa. This is not a Production Operations & Support role, but knowledge of tools and systems administration and engineering is very relevant for DevOps. We desire a candidate who has the ability to act independently with a can-do attitude: demonstrated success in collaborating with other technology functions such as operations & infrastructure, data platform, cybersecurity and engineering.
- Partnering with BI & Data Analytics application developers and architects supporting web-based applications using big data platforms and commercial as well as open-source technology.
- Help in designing, developing and maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline for automation in terms of code promotion and web deployment.
- Help application development teams to articulate/measure/maintain non-functional requirements for BI applications, such as performance, security and scalability.
- Hands-on in install, configure, monitor, and tune BI Systems: including MicroStrategy and Tableau servers, custom-built web and API platforms, in accordance with standard operational procedures and policies.
- Ensure performance and efficient capacity utilization by defining and creating performance and utilization metrics
- Evaluate, conduct POCs and recommend appropriate tools/systems for Visa to use
- Follow and advocate high security standards and support security assessments and remediations on applications to protect Visa’s data assets
- Identify existing and potential productivity issues and opportunities, develop methods and systems to improve these functions and manage their implementation.
- Participate in the overall strategy, standardization, analysis, design, and implementation of applications
Basic Qualifications: 8 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree, 6 years of relevant with an advanced degree, or a PhD.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- At a minimum - 6 Years of experience in DevOps engineering
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, source control systems such as Bitbucket/Git.
- Familiarity writing custom scripts using Python or Shell Script or PowerShell etc to automate application health checks or generate metrics.
- Hands-on administration and/or software development. Have strong problem diagnostic and debugging skills.
- Experience with BI systems like MicroStrategy or similar commercial products (Tableau Server, Power BI) is highly preferred
- Experienced in Web or Data applications technology stack or services or APIs.
- Experienced in some of the big data, data warehousing or OLAP technologies.
- Experienced in Windows and Linux environments, network communication and authentication (SSO, SAML, Kerberos, and LDAP) protocols
- Understand workings of a production environment with change management, defect tracking and status reporting processes.