Performance Engineering Lead - Visa Business Solution: B2B
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Data Product Development: Visa's position as the global leader in electronic payments enables us to collect and analyse a rich trove of data. Our team enables Visa to tell our data story through business intelligence and develop innovative data-driven products.
B2B Core group is part of Visa Business Solutions vertical in Data Product Development division of Visa’s Technology organization. We are responsible for designing, developing and implementing Values Added Services that help Visa’s Business Solutions clients globally. We develop new offerings/products and enhance existing Visa Business Solutions product lines including Commercial data processing, B2B payments, and B2B Connect platforms. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our B2B Payments team based in Austin, TX.
As a Performance Engineering Lead, you will be part of our B2B Core Business Solutions team to help extensive testing for performance and optimising Java applications, design enhancements for building our transactional engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be take leadership roles working on multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a 14K buyers on the platform actively. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
Most important qualities for the candidate are:
- Academics: 12+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Leadership: leading solutions and working with teams to achieve it.
- Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
- Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
- Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethics: The innate drive to do work extremely well
- Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
- Collaborate and solve complex problems to deliver E2E performance quality
- Collect and Monitor key metrics to identify potential performance problems. Establish baselines for various workloads
- Build tools and infrastructure to support performance work in CI/CD pipeline suing open source stack
- Develop, automate, and execute performance suites and analyse results to evaluate product performance
- Investigate, troubleshoot and fix application, database, and/or systems performance problems
- Review engineering specs on new products and services to identify performance requirements
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement solutions to eliminate them. Code and test software changes to improve performance.
- Determine hardware/software configurations for optimal performance
- Ability to liaise with multiple groups architects, DBAs, developers, ops etc. to collaboratively troubleshoot performance issues, and resolve bottlenecks
- Ability to analyse large amounts of performance data and summarise them into meaningful graphs and reports
- DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- You coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- You’ll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
*Our Visa internship program is fully virtual and occurs during the summer months only.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position does not require any travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.