Customer Service Representative
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Customer Service Representative will be part of our World-Class Customer Support team where you will be responsible for supporting card holder’s needs on a variety of Visa products via inbound phone calls. You will complete work according to well-defined policies and procedures while delivering a positive customer interaction. We look for individuals who enjoy working in an environment that is as fun as it is challenging and can ensure that our customers receive world-class service. This position is located in North Austin. Strong preference for local candidates
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate consistent, reliable attendance by showing up for work as scheduled with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Respond to incoming customer request quickly, proficiently, and professionally while meeting specific quality expectations.
- Activey listen and probe to determine the nature of each call and determine the appropriate action(s) to complete the call.
- Multi-task across several computer programs to respond to customer inquiries.
- Utilize all tools to properly support, action, and document all related questions and needs.
- Accurately update and maintain cardholder data in appropriate databases.
- Collaborate with peers to help cardholders; provide thought-leadership; and inspire both customers and peers in a diverse business environment.
- Compliance to Key Control and other policies, including maintaining confidentiality in our secure environment.
- Paid 4-5 week training starting 7/19/2021
- Starting salary $21.50 - Second shift will include a 12% shift differential
- Full schedule availability is required including working Saturday or Sunday
- You must successfully complete a training program, including classroom instruction, computer-based lessons, instructor-led activities and on-the-job training.
- Employees attending training are expected to meet Visa’s established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
- Direct hire (not contract) set schedules determined at the time of offer. Hours of operation are between 5:00AM – 12:00AM, 7 days a week.
- Our customers rely on us to be available to meet their needs every day, including weekends and holidays.
- We offer 8 hour shifts / 5 days per week which includes either a Saturday or Sunday shift and another day off during the week.
- You’ll earn holiday pay when you work on a Visa holiday (11 holidays per year).
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 or more years of work experience
- Stable work history (No more than 3 jobs within the past 5 years)
- Must have punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
- Customer service experience required; Prior experience in contact center, financial industry or ecommerce environments is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service based on the customer’s needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, customer orientation, team interaction, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required.
- Requires efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer experience within Windows environment as well as ability to navigate the internet, utilize computer shortcut functions, and navigate through multiple program platforms.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Travel: 0% travel required for this role
- Sit or stand in a comfortable position at a sit/stand desk (as needed) for up to 8-10 hours per day with minimal breaks.
- Work at a computer with lighting above workstation.
- Ability to hear average/normal conversations over the phone.
- Ability exchange accurate information over the phone and in-person.
- Ability to make small movements such as typing, and navigating a computer via a mouse.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.