Director - B2B Product & Platform, SSA
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 65,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and cheques. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director, B2B Product & platform will be responsible for leading initiatives that enhance and/or expand distribution of existing Visa capabilities across the region with a focus across small business, large and middle market solutions (including govt.). This includes identifying and implementing partnership opportunities with players that may be highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature. This role requires an experienced product professional who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and coordinate the teams needed to bring them to fruition. The successful candidate will have experience working in the financial services industry with extensive knowledge of the B2B payments landscape, competitive dynamics, global market players, and business models. The role will report to the Head of Business Solutions, SSA, and work closely and in alignment with B2B Product and Platform (including Visa Transaction Management Hub team (VTM ,VBS Country & Client leads as well as other stakeholders such as MSA, Processing, Risk, Finance and Communications to execute.
• Prioritize and manage a key set of strategic initiatives designed to grow Visa’s regional market share in the B2B product segment
• Execute holistic solutions to meet business needs for sub regions in partnership with the Hub & regional VBS sales teams across SME & Large Market including focus on Verticals like Distribution/Fleet/ Virtual
• Provide high-level technical expertise to VBS solution specialists during pre-sales activities
• Work with cross-functional internal teams in multiple geographies in SSA and with the regional VBS hub product teams to enhance solution functionality, address barriers and secure funding needed to advance key initiatives
• Identify region-specific requirements with planned product construct, scope and features for overall in-market delivery and provide input into CEMEA B2B product roadmaps with an emphasis on enhancements that can drive partner and therefore Visa performance
• Identify strategic partnership opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of across all product segments and customer's needs, leveraging Visa solutions across our platforms
• Continuously review regional market landscape, identifying developing partnership opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
• Provide communication to local teams on delivery plans and strategy, and educate and VBS regional teams and BD’s
The Ideal Candidate
• A minimum of 10-12 years experience with related business development and product management experience in financial technology and/or payments industry; specific business banking experience preferred
• A global mindset with demonstrated success collaborating with stakeholders across multiple countries
• Proven record of executing on strategic initiatives, policies and operational mandates
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive product & sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
• Strategic thinking and thought leadership
• Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ability to travel within CEMEA Region on short notice once the COVID situation has improved