Director, New Zealand Client Relationship Management
- Auckland, New Zealand
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a passionate Client Director to join our Client Relationship team in New Zealand. As the Client Director, you will be responsible for understanding your client’s objectives, business challenges and opportunities and collaborating with internal stakeholders to bring the best of Visa to help grow your client’s business.
This role would ideally suit someone who is a great communicator, customer centric, results oriented and thrives in a fast-paced team environment. And someone who loves dealing with, managing and supporting clients achieve their goals (in turn delivering results for them and Visa).
What a Client Director does at Visa
- Be the “voice of the client” by interpreting the clients business plans and strategic intent and communicating that within Visa
- Develops and implements an annual Account Plan ensuring targets are met through leading the Visa cross-functional stakeholders to provide the best knowledge, expertise and experience to the client.
- Management of partnership contract obligations
- Ensures the client engagement and experience across the year results in achieving or exceeding client satisfaction net promoter scores (NPS)
- Identifies new business opportunities, revenue generating ideas and utilisation of Visa’s capabilities to grow our business with the client.
- Lead the delivery of projects which ensure profitable business for Visa and the client
- Responsible for the client executive engagement model to establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with key client contacts at all levels throughout the clients organisation
- Facilitate and direct internal Visa support areas in response to specific client requests and ensure the delivery of risk, marketing, product, operations and innovation support
- Co-ordinate and present regular business and industry updates to the client delivering thought leadership and global best practices
- Deliver thought leadership around payments, the wider payments ecosystem and trends to educate our clients and present opportunities aligned to their business strategy and customer insights
- Manage, monitor and deliver financial performance metrics which contribute to the Country performance.
Why this is important to Visa?
We strive to be the leading payments platform for anyone to issue, accept or enable payments. We believe that our client’s success is our success and our Client Directors are the key people to make this happen. This role will lead a number of key clients for the New Zealand business and plays a key role in supporting the Sales and Client Management team around performance metrics. The role requires a team player who is an excellent collaborator, can play the role of trusted advisor for their client and brings discipline and excellence to their client and internal relationships.
What you will need:
- 10+ years of related sales and account management experience in the payments industry or similar experience
- Track record of achieving results that have a positive impact on business performance
- Excellent verbal, analytical and written communications skills with the ability to establish effective client relationships with all levels of including executive management
- Demonstrated experience of constructing strategic account plans and successfully executing against them with a collaborative mind-set
- Commercial acumen; managing budgets and forecasts and building financial models
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Proven track record of excelling with partners / clients/ customers
- Self-starter with exemplary organisation and issue resolution management skills
- Significant stakeholder management experience with a demonstrated ability to manage and grow cross functional relationships and connect stakeholders
What will also help:
- Account Management experience within payments or an adjacent vertical
- Digital curiosity; you stay current with the latest innovation and digital trends
- Understand and or have experience in human centered design, value proposition development and customer experience.
- Champion for your client, have bold smart and targeted strategic and tactical ideas aligned to the clients strategy and suggest new ways of approaching things
- Pro-active problem solver and driver with an awesome attitude to tackling obstacles
- Have a strong service ethic
- Project Management skills to drive, co-ordinate and deliver initiatives
This role plays a critical link between the Client and Visa – marrying the clients objectives and strategies with Visa solutions and products to support commercially viable initiatives which drive mutually beneficial outcomes for both businesses.
This role plays a key role within the Sales and Client Management team leading performance metrics and creating consistency across team metrics and monitoring.