Marketing Analyst – US eCommerce and Travel
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Marketing Analyst position is responsible for execution of integrated marketing plans and supporting the development of strategy in the eCommerce and Travel spaces. The Marketing Analyst will participate in the development of strategy from analysis, insight development and brief development all the way to campaign execution and measurement. Execution will involve collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders and partners at creative and media agencies to get to market on-time and on-budget. Influencing based on data analysis, flawless execution, and demonstrating impact on usage intent and brand health are all key to success in this job.
- 2 years of work experience (Client or Agency side B2C Marketing) with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- 3+ years of work experience (Client or Agency side B2C Marketing) with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- Strong business & financial acumen, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- You have strong project management, planning, teamwork, relationship-building skills and experience in leading through influence.
- You have experience in managing creative, media, and social/digital agency partners.
- Ability to generate and manage work-back timelines & keep projects on track.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient on all Microsoft products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to develop persuasive, clear and concise presentations for management and cross-functional partners. Advanced level PowerPoint required.
- You will manage the successful execution of integrated campaign activations, across multiple channels, including Digital, Social, OOH and TV.
- You will coordinate communication with creative and media agencies and implement high-impact programs on-time and on-budget.
- You have budget management and financial discipline for all travel and eCommerce campaigns, including ongoing management of media investments, production costs, campaign scenario planning to optimize investments that help achieve business goals, and ensuring finance operations process compliance.
- Gather and synthesize deep consumer insights on target audiences.
- Support research, analysis, measurement, and reporting of marketing program performance and its impact on business results and Visa brand.
- You will support authoring of Marketing Strategy and workstreams related to Annual Planning, and presenting to management.
- You will coordinate communication and with other regions and find opportunities to influence global marketing strategy.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms. This position may require 5-10% travel within the US to other VISA locations (Post Covid).
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel domestically up to 5%
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Relocation will not be available.
VISA is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law