Analyst, Global Government Relations
- Washington, DC, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Analyst, Global Government Relations will report to the Vice President, Head of Federal Government Engagement based in Washington DC. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational and superior writing skills, comfortable covering multiple assignments at once, and capable of quickly and efficiently producing high-quality deliverables on a daily basis. They should have experience working in the public, private, or not-for-profit sectors, ideally with a focus on government relations/engagement or public policy issues. Experience with financial services or technology issues is plus. Willingness to learn and adapt quickly is essential.
This position will be involved in all aspects of Visa’s global government engagement work, providing essential support to our Washington-based U.S. government engagement team. Duties will range from daily administrative tasks and event planning to preparing executive correspondence, conducting policy analysis, producing presentations, and assisting with strategic planning on key issues and initiatives. They should be familiar with and comfortable utilizing the latest stakeholder management and policy research tools effectively.
Good judgment and attention to detail will be critical in this role. As the Analyst will be frequently called upon to meet time-sensitive needs for important internal and external stakeholders, the successful candidate must be an excellent listener capable of quickly developing and executing plans accurately from the top lines down to the smallest details.
This primary support position is a great development opportunity for someone with a can-do attitude who is seeking to grow and learn in a fast-paced work environment on a highly efficient team of government engagement professionals.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Extensive writing, including executive correspondence, briefing books, meeting requests and readouts, and weekly activity reports.
· Help manage and track the DC federal team’s engagement with consultants, legal counsel, trade associations, think tanks, and other stakeholders in Washington.
· Assist with budget planning and tracking of all membership dues, event sponsorships, invoices, expenses, and related financial matters.
· Lead event planning for visiting Visa executives and external VIP stakeholders in Washington; help coordinate planning and staffing in other locations as appropriate.
· Conduct research and provide analysis of key policy issues or developments that could affect the payments industry.
· Assisting with administrative support of the Visa Political Action Committee.
2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor’s degree required; educational focus on public policy, politics, business or economics a plus, but not essential.
- 2+ years of experience working on policy and business issues in the private sector or in government also preferred.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills (writing test required).
- Familiarity with legislative and regulatory processes.
- Ability to exercise good judgment regarding information, which may be confidential or material, non-public.
- Proven ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and independently manage and prioritize work, while meeting key deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on high quality work and consistent performance over time is essential.
- Exercise good judgment in setting priorities and interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Proven experience acting in a proactive, solutions oriented manner, looking for ways to add value and assist the team.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and SharePoint (all applicants subject to Microsoft skills testing).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
No Sponsorship or Relocation is available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.