Director, Employee Communications and Engagement (Technology)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Network Processing organization is at the heart of making Visa the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are a globally distributed division of over 800 team members within Visa’s Technology organization. We partner with the business to design, build and support the global payment processing systems that drive Visa. As the trusted experts behind VisaNet, the dynamic payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions, we drive innovation for today and the future. No one else can enable solutions on a global scale like Network Processing can.
We’re looking for an experienced, dynamic, creative, people-oriented, communications professional to play a leading role in developing, driving, and maintaining a wide variety of programs and events designed to engage, recognize, and communicate with a globally distributed team.
This role reports to Sr. Director, Business Operations and Technical Communications and will work directly with the divisional senior leadership team, managers, team members and other business units within Visa.
The role requires outstanding written and verbal communication skills, significant experience leading and managing communications programs and projects, and an ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization, including both technical and non-technical staff.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Enhance, manage, and execute upon the division’s communications strategy leveraging all available channels. Proactively identify opportunities and develop communications vehicles to convey divisional value proposition to current and prospective employees.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, partner, and provide hands-on support to the division’s Senior Vice President and leadership team on effective communication strategies and tactics to drive employee engagement within and beyond the Network Processing team. Collaborate with Training and Knowledge Management team to align efforts to build an inclusive and growth-minded culture.
- Be the storyteller by writing and producing content across multiple channels to help employees understand what is happening within the division and how it aligns with broader organizational goals.
- Identify the best tools and technologies to employ in support of our team communications, collaboration, and engagement, including intranet, SharePoint, MS Teams, blogs, videos. Create and maintain repositories for the division’s communications.
- Partner with senior leadership and managers to plan and execute internal events, including Network Processing All Staff meetings, leadership summits, site visits, and social events to build interpersonal connections and trust. Partner closely with colleagues driving other internal and external communications to ensure message alignment and consistency, and to generate new content ideas.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD), or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD in Business, Communications, Human Resources, Public Relations or Marketing.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively relevant experience in corporate or employee communications, program/project management, or marketing, preferably in a global technology company or technology division of a global financial services company.
- Demonstrated ability in creating holistic communication programs that span engagement, content creation, social platforms, and virtual/in-person event management. Understanding of various employee engagement frameworks and drivers.
- Extensive experience providing advisory and direct support in developing communications for executives and managers.
- Experience in event planning and management, including All Hands meetings, employee forums and feedback sessions, and social and recognition events.
- Outstanding communicator with strong executive presence. Excellent facilitation and collaboration with demonstrated ability in gaining trust, securing buy-in, and influencing change at all levels.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and service-oriented.
- Strong analytical, strategic-thinking, and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to distill technical information into stories for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to design surveys, capture data, and leverage output to measure program effectiveness.
- Skilled in working with a variety of employee communication apps and platforms (intranets, collaboration tools, blogs, video, photography, Sharepoint, etc.).
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.