VP, Product Solutions - VBS
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Vice President of Product Solutions is responsible for the product development and management of all Visa Business Solutions front end transaction management solutions. This position is accountable for the vision, strategy, and product portfolio management of a suite of products serving financial institutions and their business clients around the world ranging from small businesses, mid-market and large enterprise. As a key member of the global product leadership team, the Vice President of Product Solutions plays a critical role in defining the strategy and future investments in multiple platforms. This position is also responsible for playing a leadership role and acting as a change agent in VBS’s agile transformation initiative.
The ideal candidate is an experienced senior product leader with the ability to inspire and motivate teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. He/she must have proven experience in developing and leading teams to commercialize innovative products that exceed client expectations. This role requires strategic leadership, innovation, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skills. He/she will bring prior experience in hands-on development of solutions, UI, prototypes, human centric design, and a close knowledge of developments in B2B payments and related technology. He/she is creative and hands-on, has a bias towards action and is able to inspire others with his/her vision.
As a global product management leader here is a sample of deliverables and activities where you will be accountable:
- Annual Operating Plan
- Build annual operating plan including financial forecast (TAM, SAM, SOM), Objective Key Results (OKRs), and coordinating with regional teams
- Strategy and New Use Cases
- Lead the product strategy and portfolio management for a global SaaS payment management platform serving small to large businesses, financial institutions, and technology partners
- Ensure the product vision, strategy and roadmaps are aligned and well-articulated to customers, prospects, and partners, as well as internally within Visa. Deliver customer centric solutions that drive business growth
- Working with regional and global sales/account executives to identify and enable use cases related to commercial applications with the goal of scaling
- Actively contribute to the vision for the future of the product portfolio and inspire customers, partners and employees
- Product Development
- Drive end-to-end product portfolio management including market needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, product design and development, release planning, and customer enablement
- Champion agile transformation. Lead implementation of best-practice product management and product development methodologies. Establish and facilitate an operating model that supports cross functional collaboration with Sales, Professional Services, Product Management and Product Development
- Work in partnership with technology teams to enable the continuous improvement of product execution and develop methodology and governance frameworks to improve product release cadence, quality and velocity
- Collaborate with global and regional leadership, as well as sales and business development functions to define go-to-market strategies and develop integrated global roadmaps
- Evangelize the value and differentiation of the product platform within the payments ecosystem
- Perform go-to-market activities by closely working with program management, product managers, other product teams, finance, operations, legal, compliance, user experience and external partners as required
- Drive coordination with core product teams to enable commercialization
- Manage product investment budgets and forecasts. Lead continuous product planning and portfolio management in support of global business strategy and operations
- Build a strong team culture
- Develop and lead a team of talented Product Managers who combine strategic vision, business acumen, technical competence, and excellent collaboration skills to inspire innovation, demonstrate thought leadership and enable precision execution
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-20+ years of relevant SaaS product portfolio management experience, preferably in the B2B payments industry
- Experienced product leader with a record of accomplishment for driving new product capabilities from initial concept to industry leadership
- Proven ability to lead a range of initiatives end-to-end to meet client commitments with a customer centric orientation
- Demonstrated success in directing and delivering complex initiatives in a matrixed and distributed global organization
- Experience in successfully leading agile transformation within a global SaaS business
- Effective leadership and people management skills, with a focus on developing diverse, high performing teams and fostering an inclusive culture that is inquisitive and collaborative
- Natural collaborator, with excellent communication skills and strong executive presence. Must be self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity and competence to influence across multiple levels and organizations including internal and external stakeholders
- Superior strategic and analytic skills, capable of clearly communicating a vision to his/her team, the company and our clients. Demonstrated success in executing strategies, across cross-functional global teams in a matrix organization
- Adept strategic thinker, problem solver and results-oriented pragmatist
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new opportunities to innovate and differentiate with evidence of tangible business results
- Experience in managing relationships and cultivating deep partnerships with external vendors and partners
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA or advanced degree is highly desirable
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25-30% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.