Manager, New Business Development
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The US Co-brand Business Development team’s mission is to win new co-brand business and retain existing partnerships with merchant partners across multiple industry verticals. The team interacts across multiple functions within the Visa US organization to bring the very best of Visa’s expertise and assets to our clients.
We are a lean and diverse team of individuals who sit in Global Business Development & Partnerships in the Merchant Sales & Acquiring Organization. Key components of the team’s responsibilities include:
- Lead the North American Co-brand Business Development (BD) strategy and be the thought leaders for co-brand business development, in close collaboration with the merchant organization.
- Manage pipeline development and sales process for key co-brand opportunities in the US including new deals, renewals and competitive takeaways.
- Be the face of co-brand internally and externally, working proactively with the merchant and issuer community.
The Manager, New Business Development will report directly into the Vice President of North American Co-Brand Business Development and be responsible for supporting the team’s business development efforts, operational planning and process. This role requires a solutions-focused strategic thinker who can embrace a dynamic environment and evolving needs to support the team’s objectives.
This role will play a key role in supporting the entire North America Co-Brand Business Development team. In doing so, this individual will collaborate with functions across Visa including merchant sales leaders, issuer account leaders, product teams, marketing, legal, finance and more.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. US co-brand deal support across all merchant verticals (Retail, Travel and Entertainment, eCommerce, Digital Partnerships, Everyday Spend):
- Co-lead and support end to end business development efforts on high value new, renew and competitive takeaway co-brand opportunities.
- Drive analytics, business case and pitch decks for deals and client presentations
- Develop support deliverables that are aligned with the sales strategy.
- Project manage proposal efforts or major negotiations, inclusive of liaising with subject matter experts, sales enablement team, finance and legal.
- Lead client facing meetings and serve as main point of contact for industry partners including consultants, issuers and merchants.
2. Deal pipeline management and reporting
- Manage NA co-brand team’s deal prioritization and pipeline including weekly team meetings, approval processes and regular updates to senior leadership.
- Be central point of contract on NA Co-brand team for deal intake and prioritization.
3. Lead Planning, Process and Operations to enable team efficiency and success.
- Support leadership requests, team process and ad-hoc needs including Chief of Staff responsibilities for the team.
- Drive business case development for the co-brand BD team and support key partnership investments.
- Lead AOP budgeting process for the NA Co-brand team.
4. Drive development and implementation of team’s strategic initiatives
- Support merchant and issuer strategies across verticals.
- Drive implementation of select go-to-market initiatives.
- Assist with strategy document creation and leadership/stakeholder updates.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Proactive/Self Starter – Embrace new challenges and work through ambiguity in a constantly changing work environment.
- Excellent Communicator – Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to craft client-facing documents that tell a story and clearly articulate strategic concepts.
- Drive for Results – Roll up your sleeves and juggle numerous responsibilities simultaneously with swift turnaround times; work across multiple time zones when required.
- Relationship Builder – Ability to influence and collaborate with people across functions and levels.
- Solutions Focused – Problem solver who can translate business priorities and goals into actionable plans.
Travel Requirements: Occasional domestic travel (post-pandemic) up to 15%
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
**The position can be located in New York or San Francisco**