Associate Financial Analyst - Revenue Operations
- Lehi, UT, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Associate Financial Analyst for Revenue Operations, based in Lehi, Utah, is primarily responsible for assisting with the monthly billing and revenue accounting process for customers of CyberSource, a division of Visa. Visa is recruiting someone with the ability to understand revenue recognition policies and practices, systems and processes for billing CyberSource customers, and pricing structures and strategies. This role will also assist with other revenue operations processes such as month-end accounting processes and data analysis. The ideal candidate will have the ability and willingness to learn and assist with accounting, pricing updates, cash application and billing dispute processes, and the ability to prepare reports and analyses. This position requires the ability to learn quickly, work independently, and solve problems in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with external clients and internal partners.
This position will also handle receiving, processing, and responding to requests from customers. Customer requests will be received by email, phone, and through a ticketing system. Resolving requests will require the ability to learn and navigate through multiple systems and the ability to learn and follow published policies.
- Understand, review, audit, and analyze contract and pricing arrangements
with customers to ensure billing is in accordance with the contract
- Oversee the processing and resolution of the billing case queue in Salesforce
- Analyze and manipulate large amounts of data
- Investigate and resolve billing and financial issues
- Oversee the production and distribution of monthly invoices to customers
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Assist with other aspects of the revenue process, including pricing updates, invoicing, payment application, and resolution of customer balances
- Adapt processes and practices to promote efficiency and better support business objectives, and shape billing and pricing policy and processes as appropriate
- Understand the causes and reasons for billing errors and manual billing arrangements and recommend and implement process and system changes to reduce the number of errors and manual arrangements
- Collaborate with internal and external partners; work closely with product, sales, and other internal functions to resolve issues
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously & meet deadlines, which involves strong planning, organization, and problem solving skills
- Work comfortably and independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Develop expertise on all aspects of the billing process and related accounting processes, including systems, internal controls, policies and procedures, etc
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, MAcc)
- A Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is preferred
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to contribute new ideas and solutions for current processes and to address business challenges
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience in applying principles of revenue recognition
- Must be comfortable working with a heavy volume of data
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, with proven ability to work independently and in a cross-functional environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines and accustom to a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment to drive results
- Strong organizational and project management skills; abilities to plan, organize, and adapt within a multi-tasking environment, requiring simultaneous management of multiple issues and projects
- Self-motivated and be willing to utilize and learn new technology to solve problems
- Strong skills in MS Excel; proficient with MS Word and Power Point; knowledge of databases beneficial
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment with an understanding of payment industry is a plus
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.