Staff Software Engineer
- Bellevue, WA, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa has a great toolbox of leading technologies including CyberSource and Authorize.Net. Together, we are building leading edge full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
We are looking for talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate engineers who embrace challenges and are proven problem solvers. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a part of multiple teams tasked with projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications, and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will learn the full project lifecycle from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production). You will get excellent ecommerce experience that will help you throughout your career.
You will be working with colleagues who will help, support and challenge you every day. Unit testing, code reviewing, and regular check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations. Teams consist of a Dev Manager, QA Manager, developers, QA engineers, scrum master, and product owner with local Configuration Management and Database Engineering support.
- We expect our engineers to do much more than just writing code. They will:
- Write optimized, secure and scalable code
- Partner closely with multi-functional teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our merchants
- Come up with creative solutions to solve problems
- Be comfortable in leading communication with non-technical teams
- Work with architecture team on research & analyses of newer technologies for the next generation of Payment Services
- Help our client to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and how it would help them in their business
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the object oriented languages like Java, C#, C++, etc.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Concepts, Service Oriented Architectures, Distributed Systems Design Concepts and Computer Science fundamentals
- Expert knowledge in one of the server-side web application framework and language like Java/Spring, JS/Node, C#/.Net MVC or .NET Web API
- Experience in designing and building highly scalable RESTful APIs
- Expert knowledge of Authentication and Authorization standards like OAuth, SAML
- Experience in relational Databases like SQL Server, data modeling, design, creating highly performant stored procedures
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Experience in working with CICD pipelines
- Experience building responsive Single Page Applications that consume REST services
- Familiar with browser(s) architecture, rendering process, sandbox architecture
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
- Familiarity with Github
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.