Senior Software Engineer (Java Backend)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Merchant & Acquirer Processing team is going through transformation to converge our enterprise and small business platforms while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across these segments. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be integral part of this transformation and will be solving challenging business problems and build highly scalable and available applications that provide an excellent user experience. Here are key responsibilities of the role -
- Design, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements and modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java best practices.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed business expectations
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and strive for improvements to best practices, standards and processes
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time with good code quality
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required with 4-6 years of experience as a Java developer.
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx or Akka frameworks
- Development experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML.
- Experience with Relational or NoSQL database
- Experience in React or Advanced Java Script
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and iterative software development lifecycle principles
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.