Sr. Software Engineer - ETL/DW Testing
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET) is part of the Engineering, Applications and Analytics team based in Bangalore, India. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Senior Software Engineer in Test that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Analytics and Test Engineering efforts for the Global Revenue and Expense Analytics platforms, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform and work with other peer test engineering organizations to ensure seamless code releases.
Build test automation framework to support Revenue and Expense Analytics platforms
Build test tools to improve quality and performance
Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tool
Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Must have a strong understanding of data, how data flows, and database structures.
- Extensive PLSQL/SQL is a must. ETL/DW experience highly desired
- Knowledge of test plans, test cases, procedures, and/or test scripts.
- Utilized SQL during database testing and write SQL queries
- Build end to end automation for data
- Translating business requirements and technical specifications into test cases.
- Experience on Agile is a must.
- Build test scenarios and acceptance tests for the stories in the product backlog
- Expertise in Python
- Setup, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks
- Perform test automation on multiple application types – Web, APIs, Hadoop etc.
- Experience in data loading, validation testing, curation and data consumption
- Working knowledge of Hive, Impala and Unix shell scripting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.