Technical Product Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa's CyberSource division is looking for highly motivated and experienced Technical Product Manager. The Technical Product Manager primary responsibility is to build products and solutions that deliver delightful experiences for the entire ecosystem i.e., merchants, consumers and developers. In this role, you will work closely with business unit product managers, engineering, architects, user experience and global cross-functional counterparts to develop requirements that enables high quality products. You will be part of the Technical Product Management organization, which will enable Visa and its subsidiaries such as Cybersource, Authorize.Net as well its strategic partners to rapidly build, iterate and refine payment experiences across all channels such as web and mobile.
If you have strong analytical skills, a curious mindset, and a strong desire to create a career in technical product management, come talk to us. You will get a chance to work with some of the brightest payment professionals and take your career to new heights. We have a start-up mentality, take smart risks, solve important problems, and adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the payments space to join a team that is made stronger through innovation and collaboration.
- Define product requirements which involves writing of very clear, thorough and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets.
- Be the primary liaison between other business units, BU product managers, engineering and other applicable groups to ensure flawless integration of new and existing feature sets.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Work very closely with development and QA organization to ensure technical specifications.
- Partner with business operations and analytics team to build right monitoring capabilities and metrics which helps monitor the health of the platform and facilitates data driven decision making.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Experience with hierarchy and portfolio management in the payments industry, or merchant experience
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in the product management /system analysis role
- Experience in API Design, UI Design, System Design and Data Systems
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Analytical skills – secure and compare information from different sources to prioritize features
- Strong product management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver a product
- Responsible for value proposition definition and communications, product differentiation, cost/benefit analysis, and executive presentations
- Creative spark – in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things done
- Demonstrated strength at building relationships, highly motivated, strong sense of urgency, ability to motivate others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair for getting people excited
- Team player, with proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
- Financial services/payments, ecommerce, and mobile commerce industry experience a strong plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.