Technical Product Manager (Operations & Infrastructure)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Technical Product Management team is looking for a seasoned Technical Product Manager to advance development of private cloud capabilities including IaaS services (Compute services, Storage services, Network services and Data Center services), PaaS services (Middleware and Database Services), Container services and Infrastructure Security Management services. These services include ability to provision large scale distributed systems deployments of n-tier business applications, and complex IaaS/PaaS offerings for physical infrastructure, containers, NAS/SAN/Storage fabric, Load balancers, Firewalls, PCN etc., and other automated infrastructure and platform deployments.
Being the largest payments network, Visa systems process enormous amount of data and API calls and requires our systems to be horizontally scalable and resilient. This product manager will be required to think at a big scale, to create requirements to support Visa's high-throughput applications. The individual will work with variety of stakeholders such as cloud platform developers, solution architects, and product developers to tactfully enable feature set.
This role will require defining and maintaining a point-in-time 18-month roadmap for the cloud platform, and guide other senior product managers to focus on strategic initiatives.
- Ensure that technical and operational requirements are achievable and being satisfied with the proposed technologies
- Adapt development methodologies appropriate to different stages/maturities of a product’s lifecycle
- Actively help prioritize deliverables for development teams
- Support DevOps operations by integrating developed IaC into CICD pipeline builds
- Develop documentation utilizing standardized templates such as Installation and Configuration Guides, design and engineering plans
- Familiar with the level of security, privacy, compliance and associated risk-management considerations required to build highly trustworthy and reliable internet-based financial applications. Knowledge of PCI DSS Level 2 requirements desired
- Contribute to robust business cases and optimized product investments through review, analysis and challenge to ensure business assumptions are valid
- Champion enterprise and product specific strategic directions, including pricing strategy
- Create strategic alliances with relevant stakeholders across organization to make communication seamless across product development process
- 5-8 years of experience in Software Engineering or Technical Product Management with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- Experience architecting and designing large scale distributed systems
- 3 years’ experience in product management of cloud computing platforms, and delivering solutions on PaaS platforms
- Ability to articulate your deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different solutions
- Demonstrate full expertise of the technical aspects of product development
- Anticipate and identify changing technical knowledge needs based on changes in the business, the payments industry trends, and emerging technologies
- Provide expert insights into developing a product vision and determining product development approach
- Possess strong diplomacy skills and fosters goodwill between different groups and functions, exhibiting a “one company” mindset
- Experience in building infrastructure and platform products for Payments Processing systems
- Strong influence, advocacy and communication skills required as you will be interacting regularly with executive leadership across Visa as externally with clients and partners Empathetic, kind, and mindful of not just your perspective but also what matters to customers, stakeholders and partner teams
- Deeper knowledge of PCI DSS Compliance considerations for payment systems
- Experience with data at rest, transit, and other security and privacy considerations
- Strong experience working with private cloud environments running vSphere and Windows workloads
- Strong experience working with cloud native environments using Kubernetes
- Ability to influence development teams and senior stakeholders to gain support for delivering product solutions against a standardized methodology
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Requires availability to meet with teams in the Asia Pacific and Europe time zones on a regular basis
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time when it is safe to do so.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law