Senior Technical Account Manager
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Technical Account Manager we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
Visa has an opportunity for a Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM) in Client Services.
The Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a subject matter expert within the function, providing excellent technical support and acting as a consultant across all Visa product and services. The role will focus to working with payment eco-system participants to identify and agree on solutions to improve the acceptance and issuing infrastructure, where issues are discovered.
This position will provide day-to-day support to acquiring institutions, network operators, processors and switches (Kopfstelle), and issuing institutions which includes; responding to customer inquiries while ensuring customer expectations are exceeded. Additionally, the Senior Technical Account Manager will develop and train team members and act as role model/leader within team.
The TAM will demonstrate an in-depth technical knowledge of Central European payment eco-system as well as of all products and services, representing all aspects of Visa technical support infrastructure.
What we expect of you, day to day.
· Provide technical and operational support to acquiring institutions, network operators, processors and switches (Kopfstelle), and issuing institutions; act as the voice of the client to other internal groups, including the Product and Technical teams
· Understand customer needs, business requirements, and priorities to develop solutions and recommendations based on business needs
· Partner with Sales to build relationships with technical and business contacts across the account portfolio
· An expert in the CE payment eco-system
· Manages business relationships with clients and partners to develop solutions and/or create complementary products/services
· Manage and troubleshoot escalated technical problems, interfacing with Product Development, Product Management, and/or Operations teams
· Proactively resolve, own and manage stakeholder communication on all business & technical problems
· Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve complex processing, application usage, or business issues to exceed customer expectations
· Promote and deliver consultancy and training to clients
· Build and enhance positive working relationships with clients and partners to develop solutions and optimal way of working
· Lead client discussions, representing products and services from both a technical and business perspective.
· Manage technical communications with client’s technical team, project team, customer services team and senior executives
· Maintain strong relations amongst team, as well as with key stakeholders (Account Managers, Product, Ops, and IT).
· Train and coach team members on products & services essential on day-to-day operations to ensure customer expectations are exceeded
· Manage high priority incidents by taking full ownership, engaging with senior management for escalation purposes and the ability to provide an Executive Summary to senior management.
· Extensive experience of the Central Europe payment eco-system
· Experience in a customer support /Account Management role in financial services, software or information services
· Good influencer, good negotiator
· Proven ability to manage complex technical systems across a number of products, platforms and services
· Ability to comprehend and translate technical information and apply to business solutions
· Familiar with Payment Industry Standards and their application
· Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines
· Demonstrated success in customer relationship management
· Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
· Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations
· Strong business and data analysis skills
· Functional Project Management experience
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.