Financial Analyst - US FP&A
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The US FP&A Team is seeking to add a Senior Financial Analyst to its broader team supporting the top of the US P&L. The team is responsible for business drivers, including Payments Volume of ~$4T per annum, gross revenues, client incentives, and net revenue of ~$10B per annum (with net revenue a key measure of performance). The Team is tasked with developing conceptually sound, rigorous, and detailed understandings of all of the various elements that impact net revenue, with the goal of optimizing financial performance and delivering against financial goals. This is supported by core planning & analysis responsibilities, the ongoing drive to uncover new insights and suggest improvements, and by either making or enabling business decisions. The Senior Financial Analyst will join an FP&A Team that is the day-to-day financial ‘eyes and ears’ for roughly half of Visa’s global net revenue.
Position has a dual emphasis on cross-border payments as well as analyzing Visa USA’s profitability, with each topic equally weighted.
- Cross-border payments is a complex and high-profile topic where successful analysis incorporates a thorough and sophisticated understanding of FX rates, payments industry market dynamics, and consumer and business spend patterns.
- Profitability analysis generally focuses on specific clients, client-segments, and/or products, and is a growing focus for US FP&A. Analysis is conducted by leveraging a soon-to-be launching analytics platform which represents a step-function improvement in functionality and will enable a broad array of sophisticated analysis.
- Analyze trends emerging within our cross-border business by key corridors (region, country), merchant category, spend channel (travel vs ecommerce), etc. and evaluate the factors driving their evolution
- Help identify business levers that support the growth of cross-border payments
- Provide general support to the finance and business executives across the organization, including supporting monthly/weekly cross-border reporting, and fielding ad hoc inquiries
- Collaborate with Corporate and Regional Finance teams to develop and share best practices
- Design and execute a wide variety of profitability analyses
- Serve as a strong partner supporting a wide array of stakeholders with common inbound inquiries from the North America CFO, US Country Manager, Corporate Finance, Product leadership, Strategy, and deals teams
- Two-way partner; combine financial insight with business insight to assemble complete and compelling storylines that accompany sound analytical insights
- Able to identify and gauge the strengths/weaknesses of the financial dataset and analysis; effectively and transparently manage expectations higher or lower, as appropriate
- Everyday subject matter expert; guides peers, steers projects, supports key strategic initiatives
- Support final planning, designing, and user acceptance testing of the new analytical platform and when ready play a key role in finance and business implementation
- Strong data, analytical, and project management skills
- Intellectually curious and insight-driven
- Able to convert complex analyses into revealing and compelling business storylines
- Measured and polished communicator, able to effectively negotiate win-win outcomes
- Able to rapidly establish a broad and deep understanding of the payments landscape
- Foundational understanding of multi-party economic model (issuers, acquirers, processors, interchange, merchants, cardholders, etc.)
- Market positioning and motivations of multiple parties in the competitive landscape
- Operates with minimal supervision, possesses strong business judgement and comfortable making informed, well-reasoned decisions
- Highly detail oriented
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Sound foundation in Finance and working knowledge of GAAP and/or Visa Accounting Policy preferred
- Payments/Credit card industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Experience with a complex financial system (e.g. Hyperion, TM1) is beneficial but not required
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.