Director, Small Business Solutions Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Small Business Solutions Specialist, is part of the U.S. Small Business Client Enablement team. Our team works with financial institutions and other partners that issue Visa’s Small Business Credit and Debit products and supporting platforms; we help our clients optimize the value of their small business portfolios. This role will be responsible for an allocated group of existing clients, with a focus on opportunities to improve portfolio performance and on identifying opportunities to sell new Visa products, solutions, and services. The role is also responsible for providing insights on product and market trends, developing growth strategies, developing and implementing creative approaches to product improvement, and developing strategic recommendations to help drive profitable growth for both Visa and clients. The Director will be the primary Small Business lead for their portfolio of clients, with support from Sr. Directors on the team.
Our team works closely with internal and external partners, requiring strong collaboration and influencing skills to drive results in a matrix environment.
- Identify and close new Small Business Sales opportunities – including but not limited to new products, new platforms, new partnerships and new services. These initiatives may be executed in the form of formal RFPs or ad-hoc sales conversations identified throughout the course of the ongoing engagement with the client.
- Serve as lead subject matter expert for portfolio of key Small Business credit and debit issuer clients – Drive issuer education and engagement in Visa’s Small Business strategy, including product offerings and initiatives across all market segments.
- Develop and deliver, to issuer clients, ongoing portfolio management and reviews – including analysis of business metrics, overview of portfolio level performances. Provide issuer-specific findings and recommendations, within the context of broader market and industry trends.
- Work with stakeholders within the Visa ecosystem to support the build of new Small Business product & platform enhancements.
- Manage relationships with Account Executive teams (issuer, merchant, co-brand) – Work collaboratively, and proactively lead as required, across functional teams including, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Marketing consulting, Client Services, Visa Research and others to develop and execute annual strategic plans and key initiatives.
- May be required to lead the development and growth of strategic partnerships and their associated activities that cross into our segment. Work with key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to drive the value of Small Business with merchants and deliver on mutually beneficial efforts.
- May be required to lead oversight of Co-brand related efforts, including driving the value of Visa Small business with potential and existing merchant Co-brand partners and Visa Co-brand teams. Activities will include product launch or expansion exploration, RFP responses, product value proposition and portfolio optimization.
- Lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
- 10+ years' experience in card payments industry. MBA or equivalent a nice to have with 8+ years’ experience in product, sales or portfolio management and product marketing disciplines.
- 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Proven relationship-based sales / business development skills
- Experience presenting to and building relationships with senior management level audiences, both internally and externally
- Ability to identify and lead sales process both formal (RFPs) and informal
- Ability to interpret data and translate findings into strategic insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong analytical skills and business case development experience
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross functional areas to influence and achieve consensus on goals and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to drive results
- Strong business acumen
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint Skills
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa EEO Statement: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.