Vice President, Visa Consulting & Analytics
- New York, NY, USA
This job can also be located in Charlotte, NC, Wilmington, DE, or San Francisco, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and actionable results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial institutions and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA solves some of the most strategic problems for our clients.
The National Issuer team provides advisory services to one of Visa’s largest issuing clients and delivers more revenue than any other VCA segment team. The team consists of seasoned strategy consultants and data scientists.
The Vice President will play a key leadership role on a team of professionals developing and delivering high impact projects for Visa’s largest partner. Consulting engagements will include new market sizing, new product development, P&L optimization, customer lifecycle management, credit and fraud risk, and digital strategy.
We are looking for a motivated, analytic individual with a track record of building a strong consultative team. You will develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa organization.
We are looking for an individual with deep payment and consulting expertise to provide analysis and critical thinking to craft the services we deliver to clients, lead consulting engagements and develop actionable and scalable insights and solutions.
- Developing trusted advisor relationships with client senior executives through impactful consulting engagements
- Leading simultaneous client consulting engagement teams including initial client sales, problem disaggregation and planning, and quality assurance of final deliverable
- Actively engage with clients and Visa client leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; nurture and lead a pipeline of work with clients
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations through the analysis of client data that effectively and authoritatively address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, analytics, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic mentorship for client priorities across the payment P&L
- Where employee is a subject matter authority, provide knowledge sharing, mentoring and training across functional teams and/or regions
- Meaningful problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting client return on investment
- Analytical skills, with validated intellectual rigor.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations.
- Validated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results. Displays a dedication to organizational success
- Ability to identify strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Experience in issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for both credit and debit cards
- Understanding of factors in driving profitability and growth for Visa's issuer, acquirer and merchant clients
- Ability to influence and negotiate with executives
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressively more responsible business experience in management consulting and/or payment businesses
- Payments and Consulting experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work at least 25% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.