Product Manager, content lead - Visa Partner
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The global Product Organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa and accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
As a member of the Visa Partner team, the successful candidate will be a product manager responsible for building great content and experiences on website initiatives for developer.visa.com and partner.visa.com. The Visa Partner site is the website for engaging with Visa programs and the Visa Developer site is the central web destination for engaging with Visa APIs and SDKs. Thousands of client and partners visit these destinations, including major bluechip partners such as Wells Fargo, Netflix, and Google as well as new up and coming FinTech innovators such as Revolut, Square and Chime.
We are looking for a passionate product manager who can take technical requirements and product information and translate that into digestible content and experiences for all of our user types. We want someone creative who can inspire our clients to partner with us. The position will manage the day-to-day operations and planning related to content management and publishing. This role will work closely with the web platform senior director to help shape the future of the platform. The person will also work closely with our product and technology teams.
- Partner with the website team to execute the website strategy and goals.
- Partner and be a thought leader with our product teams to create, write, edit, and publish website content including product and program information, use cases, API guides, video scripts and more.
- Lead projects end-to-end by partnering with user experience, technology and design teams to create delightful and engaging experiences.
- Develop and execute detailed business requirements and translate the needs to technology for development.
- Collaborate with our client engagement, product teams and client services team to capture client needs and trends to inform the website roadmaps.
- Partner with community lead to help execute activities, events, and projects to support the growth of the platform.
- Partner with the analytics lead to help with data analysis, development of data-driven insights to inform the roadmap.
- Establish writing standards and quality control measures to ensure consistency and alignment with brand voice and tone.
- Manage ongoing updates across several product lines for documentation and own the deadlines and deliverables.
- Understand market trends, competition, and user requirements.
- Distill market research to provide perspective to the team and product management leaders to inform insights and decisions.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 4+ years content editing on digital products, services, and/or platforms
- API platform experience a plus
- Be able to work independently and juggle multiple priorities.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented team player; quality driven.
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Passion and aptitude for writing and communicating.
- Creative writing and storytelling ability
- Editing and proofreading
- Ability to follow established style (AP style) and ensure consistency across the brand
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools is a must.
- Team oriented, collaborative, and flexible
- Experience with information architecture and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Content Management System a plus.
Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Up to 5% travel required
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours