New Business Development Manager - UK&I
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
The UK&I team are anticipating some opportunities becoming available to grow the Business Development team in near future and we'd like to hear from candidates who profiles and experience aligns with the details below:
The New Business Development Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of business development activity for Visa UK & Ireland, managing clients through prospecting and qualifying into new to Visa stages. This is a key role in the UK & Ireland team to developing strategic new business opportunities for Visa.
What we expect of you, day to day:
- Work with the UK&I New Business Development team and colleagues across the UK&I team and wider business to define and execute BD team strategy, proactively identifying and delivering BD opportunities with target clients, in target segments
- Lead specific UK & I New Business Development opportunities, galvanising the business to focus on and deliver against these opportunities (either Fintech-specific role or as part of a larger/more complex deals team)
- Lead and / or support the delivery of RFP / RFI responses for BD opportunities
- Lead deal structuring activities for specific client opportunities, engaging with internal stakeholders to deliver optimal financial and contractual approaches
- Provide a client perspective on developing relevant and compelling new business proposals
What we’re after…
- Previous experience of Business Development, including solution / deal structuring and contracting, preferably in the Payments of Financial Services industry
- Previous sales experience in a client facing role, preferably in business to business sales - Visa is selling to its clients who are businesses, not to end-customers
- Experience and insight into technology, card issuance, payments and customer experience. Commercially focused and pragmatic, have the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally
- Proven influencing, selling and negotiation skills
- Numerate, resilient and focused on professional development
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.