Senior Manager, Infrastructure as a Service
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In order for Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, the IAAS Systems Storage and Engineering (ISSE) team – a part of the Operations & Infrastructure organization – must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures. Unix and Windows Engineering, as a core ISSE function, is charged with building, operating, and maintaining secure and reliable Systems infrastructure to support the business functionality that Visa provides to payment industry stakeholders. We strive to collaborate with our product development partners, and other teams within Operations & Infrastructure team to design, build and maintain the most innovative, secure, scalable and cost-effective cloud solutions.
This Sr Manager will be responsible for leading a IAAS Systems Storage and Engineering team based in Bengaluru, which is responsible for architecture and engineering of Compute, and associated infrastructure management solutions at Visa especially in designing and deploying. In this role you will be accountable for designing and building innovative infrastructure solutions to support a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). Extensive experience managing engineering teams as a "Technical manager" is a must along with experience with open source solutions to encapsulate the infrastructure making it available as code to our partners. Knowledge and experience managing teams that provide tooling support for infrastructure is also a key requirement. Prior experience with Unix, Linux, Windows, Cloud, Virtualization, Containers and deployment of infrastructure for large enterprises is also required. This position reports directly to the Director ISSE based in Singapore.
- Provide Compute as a Service offerings to customers that are easy to consume, elastic, secure and reliable.
- Partner with the team in us/sg to design, implement and integrate Open Source based private cloud in Visa’s data centers across the globe, enable the cloud solution to interoperate smoothly with existing IT infrastructure and processes, ensure reliability, elasticity and security
- Building and leading a team of highly skilled systems engineers.
- Design and implementation of agile innovative infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization.
- Provide highly reliable infrastructure solutions that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively.
- Drive the adoption of standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support Operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are fit for purpose yet forward the Visa goals to keep technology relevant
- Understanding of CAPEX/ OPEX
8 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
9-12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 6-8 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
Bachelors degree in Computers/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years Infrastructure technology experience
- 6+ years of managing a team of systems engineers in delivery of complex infrastructure solutions
- Proven ability to lead with passion and execute vision with little guidance
- Must have prior hands-on experience in designing, building and implementing Opensource based cloud/ container infrastructure solutions.
- Clear understanding of modern network protocols and processes running on each of network layers
- Must have prior experience in building automated solutions through tools and software that enable infrastructure to be remotely provisioned, configured and decommissioned.
- Solid technology background in the Compute, Network and Storage space
- Experience in selecting, designing and developing a tool-chain with loosely coupled software components to perform specific technical functions.
- Excellent understanding of Cloud technologies in application of hypervisor, storage and network automation capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on experience with LINUX or Windows (must have)
- Expert level Compute Experience managing OCP or HPE or Dell Infrastructure (must have)
- Expertise in one or more configuration management tool: Chef or Ansible/Puppet/Bladelogic Server automation/ SCCM for managing medium & large environments (must have)
- Containerization concepts, experience with clustering and scheduling suites such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DCOS (must have)
- Good Understanding of Software Defined Network(SDN) & Software Defined Storage (SDS) (must have)
- Experience with Monitoring and Configuration tools(must have)
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.