Technical Product Analyst
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Billions of transactions, half of the world--every day millions of merchants entrust their e-commerce business to CyberSource - global digital payment leader and part of Visa’s Merchant Acquiring and Processing (MAP) business unit. Our valued merchants and acquirers worldwide entrust their mobile, online and digital payment business to the secure, streamlined CyberSource platform. We deliver powerful category-breaking solutions to support integrated commerce. Our clients select us to expand their business anywhere in the world with the peace of mind that comes from selecting the proven leader for managing transaction security, while delivering deep data analytics for marketing and much more. We product manage, design, architect and release products with a focus on engineering excellence and putting the customer experience first.
The candidate should have a strong technical background (experience working in Payment Gateway / Card Payments / Financial Services space will be a plus), should be a thought leader, have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills and be an analytical and structured thinker. This individual must be able to think broadly about Visa's business and drive the expansion of the Visa Merchant Acquiring and processing (MAP) platform.
The right candidate should possess a strong Technical Product Management background, with demonstrated expertise in contributing to medium to large cross-functional projects. We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated excellence as Technical Product Manager in the payments, internet or related industries. The successful candidate must be a hands-on person with proven ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with both business and technology executives.
To be successful in this position, this individual must be highly effective working both independently and in cross-functional capacities to identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine technology requirements across all categories. Successful candidates will be skilled at forging strong partnerships with business sponsors, product owners, architects, and developers to define feature sets, story maps, detailed user stories (functional and non-functional) to support the development process. This function will address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints to maximize business benefit.
Beyond the design and planning stages of the development lifecycle, strong Agile expertise is required to collaborate with Scrum teams and communicate requirements to development teams for execution and implementation.
This role will also partner with the cross-functional leadership team to help define the roadmap priorities and ensure that it remains aligned with the broader strategy and priorities. This individual will foster innovation, collaboration, leverage new technologies and champion impactful change to build Visa's technology brand through internal and external initiatives.
- 5-8 years of “overall” industry experience within a technology environment, with a track record of successfully delivering complex software systems or services.
- It will be an added advantage if the candidate has experience working in Payment Gateway / Card Payments / Financial Services space with specific experience around
- Technical experience in Java technologies, API (SOAP & Rest) and Web Development
- Hands on experience in developing roadmaps, writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Proficiency working in an agile environment.
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with clients and partners at all levels
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, executives, product, and technology stakeholders
- Strong relationship management skills
- Solid business acumen
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Fast learner on both technical and business side
- Strong customer centric mindset.
- Comfortable operating in a matrix setup
- Proactive, demonstrate sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Detail and results oriented, able to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings.
- Strong internal & external stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to stay organized while managing competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.